The BYU gymnastics team will have a chance at some redemption, heading to Boise State on Friday for a rematch after dropping a close one to the Broncos last week.
The Cougars fell 194.700 to 194.425 in last week’s meet against Boise State at the Smith Fieldhouse. The team battled injuries combined with some miscues on the uneven bars.
BYU will have to improve on bars and pick up some ground on vault as well. The Cougars are heading into their second meet without Madeline Nilsson, the team’s best vaulter who suffered an ACL injury two weeks ago.
Against Boise State, BYU scored a 194.425, just below its season high of 194.475 scored in the first meet. The Cougars are still looking to get over 195 for the first time in the young season and will have another opportunity this week.
The meet is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. from the Taco Bell Arena in Boise, Idaho, on Friday.
Check BYUcougars.com for results.
Kenny is a BYU graduate, currently working as a football media relations assistant and gymnastics SID at BYU. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on twitter @KennyCoxKC
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- BYU football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Dick Harmon: A visit to Greenwich, the place...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 70
- First steps: Utes open season with... 67
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 36
- Texas will be without starting QB,... 30
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28