Celebratory cake: I love when blogs have anniversaries, or “blogiversaries,” especially when they share it with us. And this food blogger shares a recipe for, what else, cake to celebrate her 4-year blogiversary. And not just any cake, but a succulent “Slow Cooker Moist Chocolate and Caramel Cake.” Mmm! Check it out!
RootsTech plans: “Make your plans now to attend the RootsTech 2013 Conference on March 21-23 in Salt Lake City.” And if you can’t be there in person, then no worries. This genealogy blogger explains: “Then plan on attending the Livestream video of selected presentations on all three days! For FREE! It's just like being there, except you can't walk around the Expo Hall and see all of the geneabloggers in the Media Center.” Cool! Click in for more details.
Primary outline: Sofia has done it again, produced an outline of “February’s 2013 Primary Sharing Time Helps & Ideas.” Here’s just one of her creative tips: “Since the world thinks TV is more important than nature, take a posterboard and draw an outline of a TV. Cut out the middle so a child's face can be seen behind it. Divide the children into groups and ask the children to come up with commercials to teach the world about the creation and why we should enjoy it!” And there’s much more.
Educational sites: I love when bloggers provide lists. Here’s one home-schooling mom’s “Top Ten Educational Videos, Apps and Websites,” which include some of my favorites (Starfall, Netflix), but also a few I had never seen (The Quirkles and TeachMe). Click in to see the whole list.
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm headed to...
- Pres. Monson teaches Christmas is the time to...
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did not win'...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Amish school shooter's kin: Horror, then healing
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and Winston...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return... 103
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm... 58
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach... 22
- Space and religion: How believers view... 20
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and... 13
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did... 9
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the... 8
- Pres. Monson teaches Christmas is the... 8