Celebratory cake: I love when blogs have anniversaries, or “blogiversaries,” especially when they share it with us. And this food blogger shares a recipe for, what else, cake to celebrate her 4-year blogiversary. And not just any cake, but a succulent “Slow Cooker Moist Chocolate and Caramel Cake.” Mmm! Check it out!
RootsTech plans: “Make your plans now to attend the RootsTech 2013 Conference on March 21-23 in Salt Lake City.” And if you can’t be there in person, then no worries. This genealogy blogger explains: “Then plan on attending the Livestream video of selected presentations on all three days! For FREE! It's just like being there, except you can't walk around the Expo Hall and see all of the geneabloggers in the Media Center.” Cool! Click in for more details.
Primary outline: Sofia has done it again, produced an outline of “February’s 2013 Primary Sharing Time Helps & Ideas.” Here’s just one of her creative tips: “Since the world thinks TV is more important than nature, take a posterboard and draw an outline of a TV. Cut out the middle so a child's face can be seen behind it. Divide the children into groups and ask the children to come up with commercials to teach the world about the creation and why we should enjoy it!” And there’s much more.
Educational sites: I love when bloggers provide lists. Here’s one home-schooling mom’s “Top Ten Educational Videos, Apps and Websites,” which include some of my favorites (Starfall, Netflix), but also a few I had never seen (The Quirkles and TeachMe). Click in to see the whole list.
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sister Frances J. Monson's legacy of love...
- LDS Church responds to Boy Scouts of...
- USA Today takes note of LDS sister missionaries
- Mormon Parenting: Don’t call gay unions...
- Defending the Faith: A case for the...
- 'Hollywood goes to Mormon country': BYU...
- Live streaming: Frances J. Monson funeral
- Letters to family show Steven Powell still...
- LDS Church responds to Boy Scouts of... 63
- Defending the Faith: A case for the... 57
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her... 42
- Mormon Parenting: Don’t call gay... 41
- Secretary of State John Kerry says... 28
- Muslim leaders in U.S. facing... 25
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 23
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides... 23