youtube.com, Turbo Tax
Knowing possible tax breaks beforehand will help you cut on taxes owed, as explained in a YouTube video by Turbo Tax.
Along with the American Opportunity Credit explained in the video, there are six other categories of tax credits for individuals, according to the IRS website.
Individual exemptions are categorized as: earned income tax credit, education credits, child and dependent care credit, adoption credit, health coverage tax credit and saver’s credit.
Adoptions credit, for example, allows those who have a qualified adoption to receive credit for expenses and exclusion for employer-provided adoption assistance.
Planning ahead can be done by reading descriptions of credits and deductions on the IRS website.
Save money by understanding specific tax exemptions
- The 25 most educated cities in America: Where...
- Delta to offer nonstop flights from Salt Lake...
- Why China's market slump is good news for...
- Dave Ramsey says: Dave Ramsey: Use good...
- Michelle Singletary: Students should use...
- Balancing act: Survey: Many people work...
- US stocks rise after Chinese market surges
- What seekers of financial advice can learn...
- US stocks pare losses after 1,000-point... 15
- 'A war on talent': Jobless rate at 3.6... 15
- Utahns want diverse housing,... 9
- Teens are shopping more like their... 6
- US stocks extend losses as early rally... 3
- Why you don't need to panic about... 3
- Delta to offer nonstop flights from... 3
- Global markets rebound as China cuts... 2