youtube.com, Turbo Tax
Knowing possible tax breaks beforehand will help you cut on taxes owed, as explained in a YouTube video by Turbo Tax.
Along with the American Opportunity Credit explained in the video, there are six other categories of tax credits for individuals, according to the IRS website.
Individual exemptions are categorized as: earned income tax credit, education credits, child and dependent care credit, adoption credit, health coverage tax credit and saver’s credit.
Adoptions credit, for example, allows those who have a qualified adoption to receive credit for expenses and exclusion for employer-provided adoption assistance.
Planning ahead can be done by reading descriptions of credits and deductions on the IRS website.
Save money by understanding specific tax exemptions
- 25 states with the lowest levels of personal...
- 9 startup companies perfect for your family
- Consumer index climbs to record level in Utah
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529 plan
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Balancing act: First 'real' job teaches...
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4 percent in...
- Small cars fare poorly in crash safety tests
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 18
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 13
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529... 8
- Remodeling? Experts say some projects... 6
- Study: 35 percent in US facing debt... 5
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4... 5
- Consumer index climbs to record level... 4