Utah Jazz: Houston Rockets annihilate Jazz, 125-80, in Utah's worst home loss ever
"So many things went wrong," Millsap said. "You are going to have nights where nothing goes right for you and everything goes right for the other team. It was that kind of night and we just have to push forward."
That will begin with a practice this morning that should be plenty of "fun," no doubt.
Corbin said he will re-watch the game film in hopes of taking "something from it." Unless he changes his mind, the players might thank him later because he isn't going to make them view it again.
"I don't think the guys need to see this over again," he said.
Experiencing it once in person was bad enough.
"It was hard to watch," Hayward said.
Tell the fans about it. The 18,387 spectators in attendance were vocal from early on, booing throughout the pathetic performance.
Mock cheers erupted, however, when Rocket reserve James Anderson fired in a 3-pointer with 27.6 seconds remaining to put Houston up 125-75.
"If I was them, I would've booed us too. It's not weird," Jefferson said. "That's what we love about our fans. They're with us. They're going to tell us the truth. We should've been booing ourselves."
NOTES: The Jazz's biggest loss was a 56-point blowout at Milwaukee on March 14, 1979, when the Bucks throttled New Orleans 158-102. The franchise suffered three 46-point losses, all after moving to Utah. The Jazz's previous worst home loss was a 33-point setback (126-93) against Milwaukee on Nov. 18, 1980. This was the Jazz's worst offensive output of the season. Utah won its previous low-scoring game, 83-76, at Washington on Nov. 17. ... Murphy had a career-best nine points.
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Photo gallery: NFL players with local ties...
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for NBA...
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Syracuse sophomore Hunter Woodhall chases...
- Utah Jazz: Hugh Greenwood isn’t just a...
- Video: Former BYU outfielder Jacob...
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 108
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 64
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 50
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 30
- Brad Rock: Tackle football for girls... 23
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for... 20
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 14
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8