He also helped to develop several new industry categories, including digital compression software that helped usher in the online video revolution at Sorenson Media, and video relay services that transformed opportunities for deaf and hard of hearing individuals through Sorenson Communications.
"It is an honor to participate in this venture, which has the potential to effect genuine societal change and improve the quality of life for countless individuals throughout the world," said Sorenson. "On a personal level, this center is an opportunity to apply on a greater scale the lessons I learned about high-impact societal change."
“Impact investing is all about … “blended values” — not only financial returns, but also social returns,” Sorenson said.
- Grieving borrowers told to repay student loan
- Wellness programs grow more popular with...
- Balancing act: List of top work-from-home...
- Dave Ramsey says: Being debt-free beats...
- Keflezighi's Boston win a boost for shoe sponsor
- How much did President Obama donate to his...
- Why small businesses want a higher minimum wage
- Student debt holds back many would-be home...
- How much did President Obama donate to... 51
- Utah among states with greatest urban... 46
- Grieving borrowers told to repay... 19
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 17
- University of Utah launches community... 15
- Why small businesses want a higher... 9
- Harry Potter fans: Hogwarts is offering... 8
- Dave Ramsey says: Being debt-free beats... 6