He also helped to develop several new industry categories, including digital compression software that helped usher in the online video revolution at Sorenson Media, and video relay services that transformed opportunities for deaf and hard of hearing individuals through Sorenson Communications.
"It is an honor to participate in this venture, which has the potential to effect genuine societal change and improve the quality of life for countless individuals throughout the world," said Sorenson. "On a personal level, this center is an opportunity to apply on a greater scale the lessons I learned about high-impact societal change."
“Impact investing is all about … “blended values” — not only financial returns, but also social returns,” Sorenson said.
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low
- Target data breach: Credit monitoring will...
- David Sturt: Have you failed enough?
- Girls who play with Barbie may not see their...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your time,...
- Veteran news executive joins Deseret News
- Bitcoin controversy marks Newsweek's comeback
- Attempt to raise minimum wage in Utah... 30
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your... 12
- Girls who play with Barbie may not see... 12
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going... 9
- Report: Utah made big money by keeping... 8
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 8
- Demolition underway on major downtown... 5
- Stericycle move to Tooele gets House... 4