USU soccer: three soccer players earn Scholar all-West Region honors
Seniors Natalie Norris and Ashlyn Mulford, and junior Jennifer Flynn were named National Soccer Coaches Association of America first-team Scholar all-West Region. The award recognized the players abilities on and off the field.
Senior defender Norris, who has a 3.95 grade point average with a double major in nutrition, dietetics & food science and exercise science, was named the Western Athletic Conference Tournament Most Valuable Player after leading Utah State to its second-straight WAC Tournament title. Norris earned the WAC Defensive Player of the Year award for the third consecutive season and led the Aggies to a 13-3-6 record. A three-time all-WAC first team selection, Norris was an essential part of the Utah State defense that allowed 13 goals.
Mulford, a senior goalkeeper, who had a 3.46 GPA with a major in art, earned first-team all-WAC honors after leading USU to its third-straight WAC regular-season title. In net, she allowed only 11 goals for a goals against average of 0.57 — the lowest in school history.
Junior forward Flynn, who had a 3.31 GPA with a major in human movement science, earned second-team all-WAC honors. She was first on the team in scoring with seven goals and two assists for 16 points.
Both Mulford and Flynn earned their first all-WAC honors this season.
As a team, the Aggies have been solid in the classroom and on the field. Utah State captured the NSCAA Team Academic Award after posting a 3.42 grade point average. This is the 10th-straight year USU has been honored with the NSCAA award.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Brad Rock: When it comes to rioting, Miami...
- Jazz grind out impressive 93-82 win in Memphis
- After year layoff, BYU's Kurtz happy to be...
- 1A boys basketball tournament: roundup of...
- BYU football: Christian Stewart returns to...
- Morning links: Jazz's sudden rise; SI breaks...
- Dick Harmon: Work of BYU's new strength coach...
- The name game: pronouncing the names of the...
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 110
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 83
- Discipline a focus of spring ball for... 74
- Holmoe assesses the state of the... 51
- Mike Sorensen: How about a Utah-BYU... 44
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the... 42
- Brad Rock: When it comes to rioting,... 41
- Morning links: Is BYU now in the... 40