USU soccer: three soccer players earn Scholar all-West Region honors
Seniors Natalie Norris and Ashlyn Mulford, and junior Jennifer Flynn were named National Soccer Coaches Association of America first-team Scholar all-West Region. The award recognized the players abilities on and off the field.
Senior defender Norris, who has a 3.95 grade point average with a double major in nutrition, dietetics & food science and exercise science, was named the Western Athletic Conference Tournament Most Valuable Player after leading Utah State to its second-straight WAC Tournament title. Norris earned the WAC Defensive Player of the Year award for the third consecutive season and led the Aggies to a 13-3-6 record. A three-time all-WAC first team selection, Norris was an essential part of the Utah State defense that allowed 13 goals.
Mulford, a senior goalkeeper, who had a 3.46 GPA with a major in art, earned first-team all-WAC honors after leading USU to its third-straight WAC regular-season title. In net, she allowed only 11 goals for a goals against average of 0.57 — the lowest in school history.
Junior forward Flynn, who had a 3.31 GPA with a major in human movement science, earned second-team all-WAC honors. She was first on the team in scoring with seven goals and two assists for 16 points.
Both Mulford and Flynn earned their first all-WAC honors this season.
As a team, the Aggies have been solid in the classroom and on the field. Utah State captured the NSCAA Team Academic Award after posting a 3.42 grade point average. This is the 10th-straight year USU has been honored with the NSCAA award.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- BYU rugby cruises past Central Washington,...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 26
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches 15
- 3 Utes, 1 Aggie and 1 Cougar selected... 14