USU women's basketball: Vaaulu named WAC Women’s Basketball Player of the Week
Utah State sophomore forward Franny Vaaulu was named College Sports Madness Western Athletic Conference Women’s Basketball Player of the Week for the week ending Jan. 27.
Vaaulu (Los Angeles, Calif.) earned the honor for her performance during the past week. She averaged 19.0 points and 7.5 rebounds a game as the Aggies earned two road wins against UT Arlington and Louisiana Tech. Against the Lady Techsters, Vaaulu led USU with 20 points and added a career-high six steals. She also had five blocks against UT Arlington.
College Sports Madness identifies the highest impact players nationally and from each conference in its weekly feature.
The Aggies (10-10, 7-2 WAC) have won four-straight games to maintain their second-place position in the WAC.
Utah State returns home for three-straight games. This week, the Aggies host third-place Idaho (9-11, 6-3 WAC) on Thursday, Jan. 31 at 7 p.m. USU then takes on first-place Seattle (11-7, 8-1 WAC) on Saturday, Feb. 2 at 7 p.m. The Aggies close out the homestand next week on Saturday, Feb. 9, against San Jose State (8-12, 5-4 WAC) at 7 p.m.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 27
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21