USU women's basketball: Vaaulu named WAC Women’s Basketball Player of the Week
Utah State sophomore forward Franny Vaaulu was named College Sports Madness Western Athletic Conference Women’s Basketball Player of the Week for the week ending Jan. 27.
Vaaulu (Los Angeles, Calif.) earned the honor for her performance during the past week. She averaged 19.0 points and 7.5 rebounds a game as the Aggies earned two road wins against UT Arlington and Louisiana Tech. Against the Lady Techsters, Vaaulu led USU with 20 points and added a career-high six steals. She also had five blocks against UT Arlington.
College Sports Madness identifies the highest impact players nationally and from each conference in its weekly feature.
The Aggies (10-10, 7-2 WAC) have won four-straight games to maintain their second-place position in the WAC.
Utah State returns home for three-straight games. This week, the Aggies host third-place Idaho (9-11, 6-3 WAC) on Thursday, Jan. 31 at 7 p.m. USU then takes on first-place Seattle (11-7, 8-1 WAC) on Saturday, Feb. 2 at 7 p.m. The Aggies close out the homestand next week on Saturday, Feb. 9, against San Jose State (8-12, 5-4 WAC) at 7 p.m.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- BYU volleyball: Cougars upset No. 1 Hawai'i...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- What are the chances? Breaking down NBA...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16