USU women's basketball: Vaaulu named WAC Women’s Basketball Player of the Week
Utah State sophomore forward Franny Vaaulu was named College Sports Madness Western Athletic Conference Women’s Basketball Player of the Week for the week ending Jan. 27.
Vaaulu (Los Angeles, Calif.) earned the honor for her performance during the past week. She averaged 19.0 points and 7.5 rebounds a game as the Aggies earned two road wins against UT Arlington and Louisiana Tech. Against the Lady Techsters, Vaaulu led USU with 20 points and added a career-high six steals. She also had five blocks against UT Arlington.
College Sports Madness identifies the highest impact players nationally and from each conference in its weekly feature.
The Aggies (10-10, 7-2 WAC) have won four-straight games to maintain their second-place position in the WAC.
Utah State returns home for three-straight games. This week, the Aggies host third-place Idaho (9-11, 6-3 WAC) on Thursday, Jan. 31 at 7 p.m. USU then takes on first-place Seattle (11-7, 8-1 WAC) on Saturday, Feb. 2 at 7 p.m. The Aggies close out the homestand next week on Saturday, Feb. 9, against San Jose State (8-12, 5-4 WAC) at 7 p.m.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34