USU women's basketball: Vaaulu named WAC Women’s Basketball Player of the Week
Utah State sophomore forward Franny Vaaulu was named College Sports Madness Western Athletic Conference Women’s Basketball Player of the Week for the week ending Jan. 27.
Vaaulu (Los Angeles, Calif.) earned the honor for her performance during the past week. She averaged 19.0 points and 7.5 rebounds a game as the Aggies earned two road wins against UT Arlington and Louisiana Tech. Against the Lady Techsters, Vaaulu led USU with 20 points and added a career-high six steals. She also had five blocks against UT Arlington.
College Sports Madness identifies the highest impact players nationally and from each conference in its weekly feature.
The Aggies (10-10, 7-2 WAC) have won four-straight games to maintain their second-place position in the WAC.
Utah State returns home for three-straight games. This week, the Aggies host third-place Idaho (9-11, 6-3 WAC) on Thursday, Jan. 31 at 7 p.m. USU then takes on first-place Seattle (11-7, 8-1 WAC) on Saturday, Feb. 2 at 7 p.m. The Aggies close out the homestand next week on Saturday, Feb. 9, against San Jose State (8-12, 5-4 WAC) at 7 p.m.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- Utes rally but fall short against Kansas 61
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 42
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25