USU women's basketball: Vaaulu named WAC Women’s Basketball Player of the Week
Utah State sophomore forward Franny Vaaulu was named College Sports Madness Western Athletic Conference Women’s Basketball Player of the Week for the week ending Jan. 27.
Vaaulu (Los Angeles, Calif.) earned the honor for her performance during the past week. She averaged 19.0 points and 7.5 rebounds a game as the Aggies earned two road wins against UT Arlington and Louisiana Tech. Against the Lady Techsters, Vaaulu led USU with 20 points and added a career-high six steals. She also had five blocks against UT Arlington.
College Sports Madness identifies the highest impact players nationally and from each conference in its weekly feature.
The Aggies (10-10, 7-2 WAC) have won four-straight games to maintain their second-place position in the WAC.
Utah State returns home for three-straight games. This week, the Aggies host third-place Idaho (9-11, 6-3 WAC) on Thursday, Jan. 31 at 7 p.m. USU then takes on first-place Seattle (11-7, 8-1 WAC) on Saturday, Feb. 2 at 7 p.m. The Aggies close out the homestand next week on Saturday, Feb. 9, against San Jose State (8-12, 5-4 WAC) at 7 p.m.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Hodgson leaves job on humiliating night for...
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 64
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 22