Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A Park City woman, injured while ice climbing Bridal Veil Falls last week, has died.
Meghan Arnold, 30, died about 9:30 p.m. Saturday, University Hospital spokesman Phil Sahm said. Arnold was taken by medical helicopter to the hospital Jan. 23 after falling approximately 40 feet.
She and a male companion were climbing in the popular "Stairway to Heaven" area in Provo Canyon when she fell.
It is unclear whether she had slipped or the ice broke away, as other climbers reported brittle conditions. The man she was climbing with was hit by falling ice and suffered minor injuries, but was able to climb down.
Rescue teams from Provo and Utah County assisted in getting the two down from the bottom of the falls, about 350 feet from the ground. Arnold was not conscious when emergency crews arrived.
The frozen waterfall known as "Stairway to Heaven" is located to the right of Bridal Veil Falls.
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Film about man's crusade against child sex...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- Students test interactive experiences ahead...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 90
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 78
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 23
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 14