Park City woman dies after fall at Bridal Veil Falls
Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A Park City woman, injured while ice climbing Bridal Veil Falls last week, has died.
Meghan Arnold, 30, died about 9:30 p.m. Saturday, University Hospital spokesman Phil Sahm said. Arnold was taken by medical helicopter to the hospital Jan. 23 after falling approximately 40 feet.
She and a male companion were climbing in the popular "Stairway to Heaven" area in Provo Canyon when she fell.
It is unclear whether she had slipped or the ice broke away, as other climbers reported brittle conditions. The man she was climbing with was hit by falling ice and suffered minor injuries, but was able to climb down.
Rescue teams from Provo and Utah County assisted in getting the two down from the bottom of the falls, about 350 feet from the ground. Arnold was not conscious when emergency crews arrived.
The frozen waterfall known as "Stairway to Heaven" is located to the right of Bridal Veil Falls.
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding' with...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed...
- Lawsuit claims State School Board violated...
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Sprinkler line floods Eastmont Middle School,...
- Pilot sentenced for groping teenage girl on...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 74
- Republican, Democratic political... 48
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 28
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 23
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 22
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19