Park City woman dies after fall at Bridal Veil Falls
Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A Park City woman, injured while ice climbing Bridal Veil Falls last week, has died.
Meghan Arnold, 30, died about 9:30 p.m. Saturday, University Hospital spokesman Phil Sahm said. Arnold was taken by medical helicopter to the hospital Jan. 23 after falling approximately 40 feet.
She and a male companion were climbing in the popular "Stairway to Heaven" area in Provo Canyon when she fell.
It is unclear whether she had slipped or the ice broke away, as other climbers reported brittle conditions. The man she was climbing with was hit by falling ice and suffered minor injuries, but was able to climb down.
Rescue teams from Provo and Utah County assisted in getting the two down from the bottom of the falls, about 350 feet from the ground. Arnold was not conscious when emergency crews arrived.
The frozen waterfall known as "Stairway to Heaven" is located to the right of Bridal Veil Falls.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Police release names of officers involved in...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to rally...
- 'To this day, I don't believe I did it': War...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 156
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 60
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 45
- Police release names of officers... 31
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 29
- Love says commenting on Saratoga... 20
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Saratoga Springs police chief calls... 18