Park City woman dies after fall at Bridal Veil Falls
Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A Park City woman, injured while ice climbing Bridal Veil Falls last week, has died.
Meghan Arnold, 30, died about 9:30 p.m. Saturday, University Hospital spokesman Phil Sahm said. Arnold was taken by medical helicopter to the hospital Jan. 23 after falling approximately 40 feet.
She and a male companion were climbing in the popular "Stairway to Heaven" area in Provo Canyon when she fell.
It is unclear whether she had slipped or the ice broke away, as other climbers reported brittle conditions. The man she was climbing with was hit by falling ice and suffered minor injuries, but was able to climb down.
Rescue teams from Provo and Utah County assisted in getting the two down from the bottom of the falls, about 350 feet from the ground. Arnold was not conscious when emergency crews arrived.
The frozen waterfall known as "Stairway to Heaven" is located to the right of Bridal Veil Falls.
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over their...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Romney decision not to run again disappoints...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Utah's largest oil producer lays off 80...
- Jury exonerates Marc Jenson in fraud, money...
- State School Board explores budget cuts as...
- 7 unique adventure dates for two, on the cheap
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 204
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over... 143
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 39
- Romney decision not to run again... 36
- LDS statement could move Utah... 31
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed... 25
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 24
- Business community supports tax... 22