Park City woman dies after fall at Bridal Veil Falls
Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A Park City woman, injured while ice climbing Bridal Veil Falls last week, has died.
Meghan Arnold, 30, died about 9:30 p.m. Saturday, University Hospital spokesman Phil Sahm said. Arnold was taken by medical helicopter to the hospital Jan. 23 after falling approximately 40 feet.
She and a male companion were climbing in the popular "Stairway to Heaven" area in Provo Canyon when she fell.
It is unclear whether she had slipped or the ice broke away, as other climbers reported brittle conditions. The man she was climbing with was hit by falling ice and suffered minor injuries, but was able to climb down.
Rescue teams from Provo and Utah County assisted in getting the two down from the bottom of the falls, about 350 feet from the ground. Arnold was not conscious when emergency crews arrived.
The frozen waterfall known as "Stairway to Heaven" is located to the right of Bridal Veil Falls.
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Community rallies for Kamas family after...
- See what the pioneers thought, felt as they...
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Ogden police shoot dog that was allegedly...
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop officers...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 44
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 21
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 18
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Union Pacific train makes special... 14
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12