She says you can penny-pinch and bargain-shop your way to your dream house. “Just be patient and wait for good deals.” This type of construction takes much longer than standing back and letting the pros move in, and requires a certain breed of contractor who is willing to work with a DIY homeowner. It also requires a set of construction drawings that will keep the project on track and focused on the end goals.
There are still a few things to be done on her house, but she says ultimately the dust has settled on the inside projects and she couldn’t be happier.
Ann Robinson and Annie V. Schwemmer are the principal architects and co-founders of a residential architectural firm focused on life-changing remodeling designs at RenovationDesignGroup.com. Send comments or questions to ask@RenovationDesignGroup.com
- Are extended warranties on gadgets worth the...
- 7 in 10 will need long-term care, ready or not
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low
- 'Caregiving' it all: When taking care of mom...
- 5 ways to prevent an unhappy retirement
- Black Friday's biggest sellers
- 10 must-know facts about weather-related home...
- Sherry Young: Credit card debt can diminish...
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low 8
- Most US workers unprepared to meet... 7
- Are extended warranties on gadgets... 7
- Start thinking about retirement while... 7
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday... 5
- 'Caregiving' it all: When taking care... 5
- Sherry Young: Credit card debt can... 2
- European Union fines global banks $2.3... 1