She says you can penny-pinch and bargain-shop your way to your dream house. “Just be patient and wait for good deals.” This type of construction takes much longer than standing back and letting the pros move in, and requires a certain breed of contractor who is willing to work with a DIY homeowner. It also requires a set of construction drawings that will keep the project on track and focused on the end goals.
There are still a few things to be done on her house, but she says ultimately the dust has settled on the inside projects and she couldn’t be happier.
Ann Robinson and Annie V. Schwemmer are the principal architects and co-founders of a residential architectural firm focused on life-changing remodeling designs at RenovationDesignGroup.com. Send comments or questions to ask@RenovationDesignGroup.com
- The most popular jobs in America
- 9 things to never buy at yard sales
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem could mean...
- How much did President Obama donate to his...
- Obamacare may not be as expensive as we thought
- Balancing act: French ban on after-hours...
- How to rear money-smart kids
- 5 features an Amazon phone might offer
- How much did President Obama donate to... 46
- The dangers of financially illiterate... 31
- Obamacare may not be as expensive as we... 28
- Balancing act: French ban on... 10
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 8
- U.S. 'tax freedom day' is 3 days later... 4
- What increasing rent costs mean for the... 4
- 9 things to never buy at yard sales 3