She says you can penny-pinch and bargain-shop your way to your dream house. “Just be patient and wait for good deals.” This type of construction takes much longer than standing back and letting the pros move in, and requires a certain breed of contractor who is willing to work with a DIY homeowner. It also requires a set of construction drawings that will keep the project on track and focused on the end goals.
There are still a few things to be done on her house, but she says ultimately the dust has settled on the inside projects and she couldn’t be happier.
Ann Robinson and Annie V. Schwemmer are the principal architects and co-founders of a residential architectural firm focused on life-changing remodeling designs at RenovationDesignGroup.com. Send comments or questions to ask@RenovationDesignGroup.com
- 30 best cities for starting a business
- Here's why your teen can't find work
- States explore free community college
- Top 10 cities for smallest income inequality gap
- Money mistakes to avoid in your 20s
- Why the rise of smart machines could...
- How will students pay for soaring debt? Tax...
- Which cities have the best income equality?...
- How will students pay for soaring debt?... 81
- Here's why your teen can't find work 24
- Why the rise of smart machines could... 18
- States explore free community college 17
- Which cities have the best income... 12
- Money mistakes to avoid in your 20s 8
- Americans spend how much on pets? 3
- The Mortgage Professor: Unmarried... 2