She says you can penny-pinch and bargain-shop your way to your dream house. “Just be patient and wait for good deals.” This type of construction takes much longer than standing back and letting the pros move in, and requires a certain breed of contractor who is willing to work with a DIY homeowner. It also requires a set of construction drawings that will keep the project on track and focused on the end goals.
There are still a few things to be done on her house, but she says ultimately the dust has settled on the inside projects and she couldn’t be happier.
Ann Robinson and Annie V. Schwemmer are the principal architects and co-founders of a residential architectural firm focused on life-changing remodeling designs at RenovationDesignGroup.com. Send comments or questions to ask@RenovationDesignGroup.com
- McCostly: Where to get the cheapest Quarter...
- 2 Utah high schools ranked among the best in...
- Want more success in the workplace? Make...
- The Mortgage Professor: Escrow can raise...
- Mistake or Miracle: New evidence on the...
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- US rate on 30-year mortgages rises to 3.59 pct.
- Birth control coverage up for federal appeal
- US unemployment aid applications fall... 6
- AIG CEO tells college graduates facing... 5
- Star Trek money tips to live long and... 4
- 2 Utah high schools ranked among the... 4
- Is another housing bubble looming on... 3
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash 2
- Dave Ramsey says: In unique... 1
- US rate on 30-year mortgages rises to... 1