Amy Donaldson: Incident at World Sprint Championships proved Brittany Bowe isn't just another speedy skater
"That was really sad," said Richardson of the foul. "I'm sure she's upset, but I hope she stays mentally strong because yesterday she really had a breakthrough performance, and I think she could keep that up."
Seeing the silver lining was difficult to do so soon after the storm, but Bowe acknowledged it was there.
"I do feel like the momentum is going in the right direction," she said. "I do feel obviously like I would have liked to see where I would have finished in this 1,000 if we didn't have that little mix-up. But I couldn't have asked for anything more this weekend. Now it's time to get back to training and get ready for the World Cups."
She believes training with "arguably the fastest female in the world" will only help her put this latest disappointment in the rearview mirror.
"You can't get a better deal than that," she said smiling.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 105
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 97
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 79
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 64
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43