Amy Donaldson: Incident at World Sprint Championships proved Brittany Bowe isn't just another speedy skater
"That was really sad," said Richardson of the foul. "I'm sure she's upset, but I hope she stays mentally strong because yesterday she really had a breakthrough performance, and I think she could keep that up."
Seeing the silver lining was difficult to do so soon after the storm, but Bowe acknowledged it was there.
"I do feel like the momentum is going in the right direction," she said. "I do feel obviously like I would have liked to see where I would have finished in this 1,000 if we didn't have that little mix-up. But I couldn't have asked for anything more this weekend. Now it's time to get back to training and get ready for the World Cups."
She believes training with "arguably the fastest female in the world" will only help her put this latest disappointment in the rearview mirror.
"You can't get a better deal than that," she said smiling.
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- Ranking the best rookie seasons in Utah Jazz...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- Damian Lillard stars in hilarious Adidas ad...
- Bingham kicker commits to Utah after...
- Danny Berger and Jordan Stone to play at...
- CougarLinks: Former Cornhusker reportedly...
- BYU football: Cougars land commitment from...
- BYU football: Cougars land commitment... 50
- Bingham kicker commits to Utah after... 47
- CougarLinks: Former Cornhusker... 44
- ESPN report: Jabari Parker rules out... 42
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Utah football: Utes are eager to pick... 33
- Utah Jazz: Jazz suffer weird loss... 24
- Doug Robinson: Basketball needs a new,... 24