EAST CANYON — Search and rescue crews were able to locate a Salt Lake County man and his grandson who had become lost while hunting Sunday afternoon.
Officials were alerted at about 3 p.m. when a 52-year-old man and his 13-year-old grandson got lost while hunting on foot in the East Canyon area, said Lt. Justin Hoyal. The duo wandered off course, got cold and called watershed personnel who then alerted police.
Unified Police Department crews were able to reach the man on a cell phone, securing the man's location with a GPS coordinate. Hoyal said the team used snowmobiles to get as close as possible and then hiked farther on foot using snowshoes.
The man and his grandson were found in good condition in Morgan County. Paramedics looked over the two as a precaution. They were off the mountain by 7:30 p.m.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 37
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 13