BYU's Ziggy Ansah, USU's Will Davis shine in Senior Bowl
Dave Martin, ASSOCIATED PRESS
In a game where individual performances are everything, local stars Ezekiel "Ziggy" Ansah and Will Davis gave it their all.
In Ansah's case, it seems he upped the ante with NFL scouts and may have solidified himself as a first-round draft pick.
At the 2013 Senior Bowl, the former BYU defensive end put together a terrific performance. He finished with seven tackles, 1½ sacks and a forced fumble, leading the South to a 21-16 win over the North.
Oh by the way, he was also named the South's Most Outstanding Player.
"It was fun. I came out here to work hard, with a bunch of all-star players, obviously," Ansah said, according to the Associated Press. "Everyone out here is an MVP. I just came here to learn and get better."
As for Davis, the former Utah State defensive back contributed a strong defensive performance representing the North.
In the middle of the third quarter, Florida State quarterback EJ Manuel led the South across midfield looking to go up two touchdowns. At the North's 32-yard line, his pass was deflected and Davis came down with the interception.
Davis returned the ball 25 yards and gave the North a chance to even the score, but it came up short of the end zone. Settling for a field goal, that was the closest the North would get to beating the South.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 68
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 23
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 13