BYU's Ziggy Ansah, USU's Will Davis shine in Senior Bowl
Dave Martin, ASSOCIATED PRESS
In a game where individual performances are everything, local stars Ezekiel "Ziggy" Ansah and Will Davis gave it their all.
In Ansah's case, it seems he upped the ante with NFL scouts and may have solidified himself as a first-round draft pick.
At the 2013 Senior Bowl, the former BYU defensive end put together a terrific performance. He finished with seven tackles, 1½ sacks and a forced fumble, leading the South to a 21-16 win over the North.
Oh by the way, he was also named the South's Most Outstanding Player.
"It was fun. I came out here to work hard, with a bunch of all-star players, obviously," Ansah said, according to the Associated Press. "Everyone out here is an MVP. I just came here to learn and get better."
As for Davis, the former Utah State defensive back contributed a strong defensive performance representing the North.
In the middle of the third quarter, Florida State quarterback EJ Manuel led the South across midfield looking to go up two touchdowns. At the North's 32-yard line, his pass was deflected and Davis came down with the interception.
Davis returned the ball 25 yards and gave the North a chance to even the score, but it came up short of the end zone. Settling for a field goal, that was the closest the North would get to beating the South.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- 4A boys basketball tournament quarterfinal...
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest for...
- High school boys basketball: Viewmont's...
- Morning links: Utah coaching job ranked; NFL...
- Too many turnovers, not enough baskets... 114
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 87
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 80
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 53
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 42
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 28