BYU's Ziggy Ansah, USU's Will Davis shine in Senior Bowl
Dave Martin, ASSOCIATED PRESS
In a game where individual performances are everything, local stars Ezekiel "Ziggy" Ansah and Will Davis gave it their all.
In Ansah's case, it seems he upped the ante with NFL scouts and may have solidified himself as a first-round draft pick.
At the 2013 Senior Bowl, the former BYU defensive end put together a terrific performance. He finished with seven tackles, 1½ sacks and a forced fumble, leading the South to a 21-16 win over the North.
Oh by the way, he was also named the South's Most Outstanding Player.
"It was fun. I came out here to work hard, with a bunch of all-star players, obviously," Ansah said, according to the Associated Press. "Everyone out here is an MVP. I just came here to learn and get better."
As for Davis, the former Utah State defensive back contributed a strong defensive performance representing the North.
In the middle of the third quarter, Florida State quarterback EJ Manuel led the South across midfield looking to go up two touchdowns. At the North's 32-yard line, his pass was deflected and Davis came down with the interception.
Davis returned the ball 25 yards and gave the North a chance to even the score, but it came up short of the end zone. Settling for a field goal, that was the closest the North would get to beating the South.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Utah Jazz give key starters a break in 98-91...
- Booker-ing ram and broken dreams: Midseason...
- Amy Donaldson: Not deciding on a starting...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Utes continue Pac-12 'meat grinder' with...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 46
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 32
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 25