Riverdale father charged with abusing 4-month-old daughter
RIVERDALE — A 25-year-old father was charged Friday with five counts of child abuse after allegedly beating his 4-month-old daughter.
Kyle Croxford confessed to intentionally or knowingly causing serious physical injuries to his daughter, according to charges filed in Weber County's 2nd District Court. Police say the baby girl was taken to Primary Children's Medical Center on Wednesday with brain injuries, a healing but broken collar bone, a broken rib, broken leg bones and other injuries.
Croxford told investigators the abuse began approximately a month ago and that he didn't seek medical care because he was afraid of being held accountable, charging documents state.
Each of the five charges are second-degree felonies. He is scheduled to appear in court on Monday.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Blue Moon Festival is Aug. 6 in Holladay
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 26
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 13
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10