Riverdale father charged with abusing 4-month-old daughter
RIVERDALE — A 25-year-old father was charged Friday with five counts of child abuse after allegedly beating his 4-month-old daughter.
Kyle Croxford confessed to intentionally or knowingly causing serious physical injuries to his daughter, according to charges filed in Weber County's 2nd District Court. Police say the baby girl was taken to Primary Children's Medical Center on Wednesday with brain injuries, a healing but broken collar bone, a broken rib, broken leg bones and other injuries.
Croxford told investigators the abuse began approximately a month ago and that he didn't seek medical care because he was afraid of being held accountable, charging documents state.
Each of the five charges are second-degree felonies. He is scheduled to appear in court on Monday.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- Women innovators leading by example
- Report highlights earth-shattering increases...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 32
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 15
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 13
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 11
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps... 9