Riverdale father charged with abusing 4-month-old daughter
RIVERDALE — A 25-year-old father was charged Friday with five counts of child abuse after allegedly beating his 4-month-old daughter.
Kyle Croxford confessed to intentionally or knowingly causing serious physical injuries to his daughter, according to charges filed in Weber County's 2nd District Court. Police say the baby girl was taken to Primary Children's Medical Center on Wednesday with brain injuries, a healing but broken collar bone, a broken rib, broken leg bones and other injuries.
Croxford told investigators the abuse began approximately a month ago and that he didn't seek medical care because he was afraid of being held accountable, charging documents state.
Each of the five charges are second-degree felonies. He is scheduled to appear in court on Monday.
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- What consumers need to know about chip...
- Imagine Dragons treated like home team at...
- Body found in suitcase near Saltair identified
- Motley Crue concert delayed about two hours...
- Sandy mailman's plea for books gets worldwide...
- Utah natives receive rave reviews, make 'So...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 296
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 135
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 103
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 90
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 76
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 65
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 35