SOUTH JORDAN — A 6-year-old girl who went missing Wednesday from her home has been found in Las Vegas.
Police had issued a missing persons advisory for the girl, Kassidy Kay Nelson, when she was discovered missing from her South Jordan home on Wednesday evening. Kassidy was believed to have been with her biological mother, Megan Boynton, 25, and Boynton's boyfriend, Elliott Proctor, 34.
The girl was found in good health, said South Jordan Police Lt. Rob Hansen.
Hansen said cooperating law enforcement agencies, following numerous leads, assisted in Kassidy's recovery Friday. Help from various media, outside agencies and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children were also helpful, he said.
Kassidy is expected to be returned to her guardian, the child's great-grandmother, Lafay Hamilton, as soon as possible, police said. Hansen said Hamilton and Boynton had argued Tuesday over Boynton's parental rights, leading to the couple's evasion with the child.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 43
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 37
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 27