SOUTH JORDAN — A 6-year-old girl who went missing Wednesday from her home has been found in Las Vegas.
Police had issued a missing persons advisory for the girl, Kassidy Kay Nelson, when she was discovered missing from her South Jordan home on Wednesday evening. Kassidy was believed to have been with her biological mother, Megan Boynton, 25, and Boynton's boyfriend, Elliott Proctor, 34.
The girl was found in good health, said South Jordan Police Lt. Rob Hansen.
Hansen said cooperating law enforcement agencies, following numerous leads, assisted in Kassidy's recovery Friday. Help from various media, outside agencies and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children were also helpful, he said.
Kassidy is expected to be returned to her guardian, the child's great-grandmother, Lafay Hamilton, as soon as possible, police said. Hansen said Hamilton and Boynton had argued Tuesday over Boynton's parental rights, leading to the couple's evasion with the child.
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty to...
- Desire to serve: Even a gunshot couldn't keep...
- 1 dead in Uintah County after track hoe...
- Utah farmer turns alfalfa field into the...
- Farmington woman tumbles 150 feet in hiking...
- Pig-shaped hot air balloon crashes in Provo
- Lagoon's Cannibal ride makes late but...
- Elderly man hit, killed while changing tire
- Delta man staged hate crimes in a 'cry... 96
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 60
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 40
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 28
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 17
- U.S. Supreme Court overturns EPA's... 13
- My view: Utah lawmakers can protect... 13