SOUTH JORDAN — A 6-year-old girl who went missing Wednesday from her home has been found in Las Vegas.
Police had issued a missing persons advisory for the girl, Kassidy Kay Nelson, when she was discovered missing from her South Jordan home on Wednesday evening. Kassidy was believed to have been with her biological mother, Megan Boynton, 25, and Boynton's boyfriend, Elliott Proctor, 34.
The girl was found in good health, said South Jordan Police Lt. Rob Hansen.
Hansen said cooperating law enforcement agencies, following numerous leads, assisted in Kassidy's recovery Friday. Help from various media, outside agencies and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children were also helpful, he said.
Kassidy is expected to be returned to her guardian, the child's great-grandmother, Lafay Hamilton, as soon as possible, police said. Hansen said Hamilton and Boynton had argued Tuesday over Boynton's parental rights, leading to the couple's evasion with the child.
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- Utah woman's secret: Ted Bundy tried to kill...
- BYU will buy Provo High School for $25M,...
- Women called heroes for reviving high school...
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah
- Heber boy in custody battle found in Tulsa...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 50
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 49
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 47
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- Waiting on 'young invincibles' 40
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 24