SOUTH JORDAN — A 6-year-old girl who went missing Wednesday from her home has been found in Las Vegas.
Police had issued a missing persons advisory for the girl, Kassidy Kay Nelson, when she was discovered missing from her South Jordan home on Wednesday evening. Kassidy was believed to have been with her biological mother, Megan Boynton, 25, and Boynton's boyfriend, Elliott Proctor, 34.
The girl was found in good health, said South Jordan Police Lt. Rob Hansen.
Hansen said cooperating law enforcement agencies, following numerous leads, assisted in Kassidy's recovery Friday. Help from various media, outside agencies and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children were also helpful, he said.
Kassidy is expected to be returned to her guardian, the child's great-grandmother, Lafay Hamilton, as soon as possible, police said. Hansen said Hamilton and Boynton had argued Tuesday over Boynton's parental rights, leading to the couple's evasion with the child.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Provo airport expansion could provide up to...
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 46
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 44
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 15
- Sanders to address Utah delegation to... 15
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 13
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8