SOUTH JORDAN — A 6-year-old girl who went missing Wednesday from her home has been found in Las Vegas.
Police had issued a missing persons advisory for the girl, Kassidy Kay Nelson, when she was discovered missing from her South Jordan home on Wednesday evening. Kassidy was believed to have been with her biological mother, Megan Boynton, 25, and Boynton's boyfriend, Elliott Proctor, 34.
The girl was found in good health, said South Jordan Police Lt. Rob Hansen.
Hansen said cooperating law enforcement agencies, following numerous leads, assisted in Kassidy's recovery Friday. Help from various media, outside agencies and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children were also helpful, he said.
Kassidy is expected to be returned to her guardian, the child's great-grandmother, Lafay Hamilton, as soon as possible, police said. Hansen said Hamilton and Boynton had argued Tuesday over Boynton's parental rights, leading to the couple's evasion with the child.
- Two bodies discovered near Provo's Squaw Peak
- Family 'shocked' over Taylorsville woman's death
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- No aftershocks from Saturday's Tooele quake
- Utah's new adaptive testing system draws...
- Utah's popular 'soda-pop geyser' is fizzling out
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 91
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 79
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 48
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 30
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 25
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 21
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 16