SOUTH JORDAN — A 6-year-old girl who went missing Wednesday from her home has been found in Las Vegas.
Police had issued a missing persons advisory for the girl, Kassidy Kay Nelson, when she was discovered missing from her South Jordan home on Wednesday evening. Kassidy was believed to have been with her biological mother, Megan Boynton, 25, and Boynton's boyfriend, Elliott Proctor, 34.
The girl was found in good health, said South Jordan Police Lt. Rob Hansen.
Hansen said cooperating law enforcement agencies, following numerous leads, assisted in Kassidy's recovery Friday. Help from various media, outside agencies and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children were also helpful, he said.
Kassidy is expected to be returned to her guardian, the child's great-grandmother, Lafay Hamilton, as soon as possible, police said. Hansen said Hamilton and Boynton had argued Tuesday over Boynton's parental rights, leading to the couple's evasion with the child.
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support to...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- 3 'scary' medical problems for kids
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 108
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 96
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 61
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 43
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 31
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 19
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 17