SOUTH JORDAN — A 6-year-old girl who went missing Wednesday from her home has been found in Las Vegas.
Police had issued a missing persons advisory for the girl, Kassidy Kay Nelson, when she was discovered missing from her South Jordan home on Wednesday evening. Kassidy was believed to have been with her biological mother, Megan Boynton, 25, and Boynton's boyfriend, Elliott Proctor, 34.
The girl was found in good health, said South Jordan Police Lt. Rob Hansen.
Hansen said cooperating law enforcement agencies, following numerous leads, assisted in Kassidy's recovery Friday. Help from various media, outside agencies and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children were also helpful, he said.
Kassidy is expected to be returned to her guardian, the child's great-grandmother, Lafay Hamilton, as soon as possible, police said. Hansen said Hamilton and Boynton had argued Tuesday over Boynton's parental rights, leading to the couple's evasion with the child.
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- Woman accused of stabbing girlfriend 46 times...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- 'One drink, one time': New research shows...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- SAGE scores, 2015: Top Utah schools in...
- Police say unlicensed massage therapist...
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 49
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 44
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 33
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 17
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15
- Bishop, Chaffetz say EPA knew spill... 15
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 15