SOUTH JORDAN — A 6-year-old girl who went missing Wednesday from her home has been found in Las Vegas.
Police had issued a missing persons advisory for the girl, Kassidy Kay Nelson, when she was discovered missing from her South Jordan home on Wednesday evening. Kassidy was believed to have been with her biological mother, Megan Boynton, 25, and Boynton's boyfriend, Elliott Proctor, 34.
The girl was found in good health, said South Jordan Police Lt. Rob Hansen.
Hansen said cooperating law enforcement agencies, following numerous leads, assisted in Kassidy's recovery Friday. Help from various media, outside agencies and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children were also helpful, he said.
Kassidy is expected to be returned to her guardian, the child's great-grandmother, Lafay Hamilton, as soon as possible, police said. Hansen said Hamilton and Boynton had argued Tuesday over Boynton's parental rights, leading to the couple's evasion with the child.
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- A firsthand perspective: Reflecting on the...
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at least...
- Mia Love announces she's officially running...
- Utah facing $1.2 billion-dollar water...
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers aneurysm,...
- Utah soldier presumed dead in Afghanistan
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 63
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at... 45
- Police say driver who hit 3 children... 27
- Angry Orrin Hatch: IRS guilty of... 19
- Utah GOP convention agenda includes... 19
- Attorney General John Swallow says he's... 16
- Mormon missionary age announcement... 14
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 13