SOUTH JORDAN — A 6-year-old girl who went missing Wednesday from her home has been found in Las Vegas.
Police had issued a missing persons advisory for the girl, Kassidy Kay Nelson, when she was discovered missing from her South Jordan home on Wednesday evening. Kassidy was believed to have been with her biological mother, Megan Boynton, 25, and Boynton's boyfriend, Elliott Proctor, 34.
The girl was found in good health, said South Jordan Police Lt. Rob Hansen.
Hansen said cooperating law enforcement agencies, following numerous leads, assisted in Kassidy's recovery Friday. Help from various media, outside agencies and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children were also helpful, he said.
Kassidy is expected to be returned to her guardian, the child's great-grandmother, Lafay Hamilton, as soon as possible, police said. Hansen said Hamilton and Boynton had argued Tuesday over Boynton's parental rights, leading to the couple's evasion with the child.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Take a breather: 5 memorable ways to pamper...
- 10 of the most unusual laws in Utah
- Man hit, killed by FrontRunner train in Provo
- American Fork appoints interim police chief
- Photos: Deaf, blind students experience...
- Photos: Students salute military personnel...
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme Court...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 113
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 25
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 18
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 18
- Provo forum to explore roles of family,... 17
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 11
- Medical marijuana debate focuses on... 10
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become... 8