TOOELE — The Utah Highway Patrol has identified the man killed in a head-on collision near Tooele Thursday evening.
Howard Mahler, 73, of Tooele, died at a local hospital soon after the 6 p.m. crash on state Route 112 when the minivan he was driving was struck by a pickup truck, according to the Utah Highway Patrol. The pickup had been traveling west when it crossed the center line and struck the eastbound Mahler.
The driver of the truck sustained serious injuries and was hospitalized in Salt Lake City.
It does not appear that weather, speed or any kind of impairment played a part in the crash.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Bingham High students walk out over... 17
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 12