TOOELE — The Utah Highway Patrol has identified the man killed in a head-on collision near Tooele Thursday evening.
Howard Mahler, 73, of Tooele, died at a local hospital soon after the 6 p.m. crash on state Route 112 when the minivan he was driving was struck by a pickup truck, according to the Utah Highway Patrol. The pickup had been traveling west when it crossed the center line and struck the eastbound Mahler.
The driver of the truck sustained serious injuries and was hospitalized in Salt Lake City.
It does not appear that weather, speed or any kind of impairment played a part in the crash.
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Man injured in police shooting identified
- 'Teacherpreneur,' a new role in the world of...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 23
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19