TOOELE — The Utah Highway Patrol has identified the man killed in a head-on collision near Tooele Thursday evening.
Howard Mahler, 73, of Tooele, died at a local hospital soon after the 6 p.m. crash on state Route 112 when the minivan he was driving was struck by a pickup truck, according to the Utah Highway Patrol. The pickup had been traveling west when it crossed the center line and struck the eastbound Mahler.
The driver of the truck sustained serious injuries and was hospitalized in Salt Lake City.
It does not appear that weather, speed or any kind of impairment played a part in the crash.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 81
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 35
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 32
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26