TOOELE — The Utah Highway Patrol has identified the man killed in a head-on collision near Tooele Thursday evening.
Howard Mahler, 73, of Tooele, died at a local hospital soon after the 6 p.m. crash on state Route 112 when the minivan he was driving was struck by a pickup truck, according to the Utah Highway Patrol. The pickup had been traveling west when it crossed the center line and struck the eastbound Mahler.
The driver of the truck sustained serious injuries and was hospitalized in Salt Lake City.
It does not appear that weather, speed or any kind of impairment played a part in the crash.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Three hurt when ATV explodes into flames as...
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 65
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 30
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18