TOOELE — The Utah Highway Patrol has identified the man killed in a head-on collision near Tooele Thursday evening.
Howard Mahler, 73, of Tooele, died at a local hospital soon after the 6 p.m. crash on state Route 112 when the minivan he was driving was struck by a pickup truck, according to the Utah Highway Patrol. The pickup had been traveling west when it crossed the center line and struck the eastbound Mahler.
The driver of the truck sustained serious injuries and was hospitalized in Salt Lake City.
It does not appear that weather, speed or any kind of impairment played a part in the crash.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Women innovators leading by example
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- Report highlights earth-shattering increases...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 33
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 15
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 13
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 11
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps... 9