TOOELE — The Utah Highway Patrol has identified the man killed in a head-on collision near Tooele Thursday evening.
Howard Mahler, 73, of Tooele, died at a local hospital soon after the 6 p.m. crash on state Route 112 when the minivan he was driving was struck by a pickup truck, according to the Utah Highway Patrol. The pickup had been traveling west when it crossed the center line and struck the eastbound Mahler.
The driver of the truck sustained serious injuries and was hospitalized in Salt Lake City.
It does not appear that weather, speed or any kind of impairment played a part in the crash.
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- Candlelight vigil held for critically injured...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- What does a letter grade mean for my child's...
- Two arrested in SLC homicide investigation
- Driver allegedly causes accident on I-15,...
- Former top deputy in Utah attorney general...
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 91
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 36
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 33
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 18
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 18
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911... 11