TOOELE — The Utah Highway Patrol has identified the man killed in a head-on collision near Tooele Thursday evening.
Howard Mahler, 73, of Tooele, died at a local hospital soon after the 6 p.m. crash on state Route 112 when the minivan he was driving was struck by a pickup truck, according to the Utah Highway Patrol. The pickup had been traveling west when it crossed the center line and struck the eastbound Mahler.
The driver of the truck sustained serious injuries and was hospitalized in Salt Lake City.
It does not appear that weather, speed or any kind of impairment played a part in the crash.
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Doug Robinson: How this woman's focus on...
- Woman critically injured in Bountiful...
- Photos: A Pioneer Day celebration of heritage...
- Man falls 70 feet to his death in Provo
- Man shot dead in Midvale; alleged shooter in...
- 4 arrested in connection with fatal Cedar...
- Midvale killing may be case of self-defense,...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 75
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17