TOOELE — The Utah Highway Patrol has identified the man killed in a head-on collision near Tooele Thursday evening.
Howard Mahler, 73, of Tooele, died at a local hospital soon after the 6 p.m. crash on state Route 112 when the minivan he was driving was struck by a pickup truck, according to the Utah Highway Patrol. The pickup had been traveling west when it crossed the center line and struck the eastbound Mahler.
The driver of the truck sustained serious injuries and was hospitalized in Salt Lake City.
It does not appear that weather, speed or any kind of impairment played a part in the crash.
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- A firsthand perspective: Reflecting on the...
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- Mia Love announces she's officially running...
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at least...
- Utah facing $1.2 billion-dollar water...
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers aneurysm,...
- Utah soldier presumed dead in Afghanistan
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 63
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at... 45
- Police say driver who hit 3 children... 27
- Angry Orrin Hatch: IRS guilty of... 19
- Utah GOP convention agenda includes... 19
- Attorney General John Swallow says he's... 16
- Mormon missionary age announcement... 14
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 13