USU basketball: Aggie women close out road trip at Louisiana Tech on Saturday
Utah State women’s basketball (9-10, 6-2 WAC) will conclude its brief two-game road trip Saturday, Jan. 26, in Ruston, La., against Louisiana Tech. Tip off is set for 6 p.m. (MT). The Aggies began the road trip with a 93-83 win over UT Arlington on Jan. 24.
Utah State has now won seven of its last nine games, dating back to a win against South Dakota on Dec. 20. After this game, the Aggies will play three of their next six games on the road.
The Lady Techsters are an even 9-9 this season, having won four of their last six games. On Jan. 24, LA Tech defeated San Jose State, 94-80. The Lady Techsters are 5-3 in WAC play with wins against Denver, UT Arlington, Texas State, Idaho and San Jose State.
LA Tech has three players that average in double figures, led by Keila Shleton who scores 12.7 points per game. In conference games, Shelton is 10th in scoring with 13.4 ppg. Brittany Lewis scores 11.1 ppg, while Whitney Frazier is third in scoring with 10.1. As a team, the Lady Techsters score 59.8 ppg, while allowing 65.3 ppg.
Senior guard Devyn Christensen is nearing another career Utah State record. The current all-time USU leader in three-point field goals attempted and free throw percentage is now nearing the record for free throws made. She has passed Ali Marchant (2003-06) who made 262. Her 287 made free throws is now second behind Ashlee Brown (2011-12) who made 289 in just two seasons in an Aggie uniform. The senior is currently first in the WAC and 10th in the nation, shooting 90.7 percent from the charity stripe.
Utah State's women's basketball tickets are available through USU's website or by calling the ticket office toll free at 1-888-USTATE-1.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Utah Jazz select Baylor forward Taurean...
- Magic land Serge Ibaka in draft-night trade...
- 76ers take Ben Simmons with No. 1 pick in NBA...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 150
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 61
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 38
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 32
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 19
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 19