Kate Jackson and Bruce Boxleitner’s ’80s series “Scarecrow and Mrs. King” is complete on DVD now with the release of Season 4.
“Scarecrow and Mrs. King: The Fourth and Final Season” (Warner, 1986-87, five discs, $39.98, 22 episodes). Jackson and Boxleitner return for a last round of escapades as the spy nicknamed “Scarecrow” and the homemaker that eventually became his partner, and in this season, his wife. Beverly Garland co-stars as Jackson’s mother.
There was also some off-camera drama this season when Jackson discovered she had a breast-cancer tumor, causing her to participate less in some of the episodes. But she still managed to direct one show in addition to her co-starring duties, and the plot lines escalating their romance and then keeping their marriage a secret from their superiors wraps things up nicely.
Guests this season include Wendie Malick, Dennis Haysbert, Blair Underwood and Howard Duff.
“The Men Who Built America” (History/Lionsgate/Blu-ray, 2012, three discs, $39.99, eight episodes, featurettes). Documentary miniseries chronicles the lives of the tycoons whose vision and innovation took America from the ravages of the Civil War to technological superiority during the dawn of the industrial age. Among those profiled are Andrew Carnegie, J.P. Morgan, Henry Ford, Cornelius Vanderbilt and John D. Rockefeller. Narrated by Campbell Scott. (Also on DVD, $29.98)
“Chris Hardwick: Mandroid” (Comedy Central/Paramount, 2012, $14.99, featurette). Hardwick’s stand-up comedy special focuses on all things nerdy, but like so many comics today, he’s also quite filthy.
“Iron Man: Armored Adventures: Season 2, Vol. 3” (Vivendi, 2012, $14.93, six episodes, artwork gallery). Episodes of the Nicktoons animated series.
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- 5 parenting lessons from movies
- Insights from the Behavioral Science Guy:...
- Living with Children: Late nights, not school...
- Staying faithful: How the Internet changed...
- Sutton Foster promises 'an intimate look at...
- The Clean Cut: Lindsey Stirling joins 'Kid...
- Laundry Love: Groups across the nation are...
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket... 9
- Living with Children: Late nights, not... 6
- Getting ready for Salt Lake Comic Con:... 4
- Staying faithful: How the Internet... 4
- Linda & Richard Eyre: How media could... 3
- 5 parenting lessons from movies 3
- Face time vs. screen time: The... 2
- 10 things to know before going to Salt... 2