Kate Jackson and Bruce Boxleitner’s ’80s series “Scarecrow and Mrs. King” is complete on DVD now with the release of Season 4.
“Scarecrow and Mrs. King: The Fourth and Final Season” (Warner, 1986-87, five discs, $39.98, 22 episodes). Jackson and Boxleitner return for a last round of escapades as the spy nicknamed “Scarecrow” and the homemaker that eventually became his partner, and in this season, his wife. Beverly Garland co-stars as Jackson’s mother.
There was also some off-camera drama this season when Jackson discovered she had a breast-cancer tumor, causing her to participate less in some of the episodes. But she still managed to direct one show in addition to her co-starring duties, and the plot lines escalating their romance and then keeping their marriage a secret from their superiors wraps things up nicely.
Guests this season include Wendie Malick, Dennis Haysbert, Blair Underwood and Howard Duff.
“The Men Who Built America” (History/Lionsgate/Blu-ray, 2012, three discs, $39.99, eight episodes, featurettes). Documentary miniseries chronicles the lives of the tycoons whose vision and innovation took America from the ravages of the Civil War to technological superiority during the dawn of the industrial age. Among those profiled are Andrew Carnegie, J.P. Morgan, Henry Ford, Cornelius Vanderbilt and John D. Rockefeller. Narrated by Campbell Scott. (Also on DVD, $29.98)
“Chris Hardwick: Mandroid” (Comedy Central/Paramount, 2012, $14.99, featurette). Hardwick’s stand-up comedy special focuses on all things nerdy, but like so many comics today, he’s also quite filthy.
“Iron Man: Armored Adventures: Season 2, Vol. 3” (Vivendi, 2012, $14.93, six episodes, artwork gallery). Episodes of the Nicktoons animated series.
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance to...
- First look at modernized 'Annie' produced by...
- Dancing for Food: Dance event raises $40K for...
- Kids are still reading 'Calvin and Hobbes'
- Instead of 'Game of Thrones,' there are...
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- Book review: Brandon Sanderson's 'Words of...
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 56
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 20
- Instead of 'Game of Thrones,' there are... 11
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going... 9
- Kids are still reading 'Calvin and Hobbes' 6
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance... 5
- Tony-winning singer, actress Kristin... 1
- PBS science correspondent Miles O'Brien... 1