Orem man had sex with two young teens he met online, police say
OREM — An Orem man has been arrested for allegedly engaging in sex acts with two 14-year-old girls he met online.
Eugene Joseph Salazar, 27, was booked into the Utah County Jail Jan. 17 for investigation of forcible sodomy, forcible sexual abuse, sexual abuse of a minor and dealing harmful material to a minor. The charges stem from allegations of sexual activity with two girls from Lehi and Mapleton, according to a police affidavit filed in 4th District Court.
A Lehi police officer said the case came to his attention by way of a record one of the girls kept about men she had met online and with whom she had engaged in sexual activity, the affidavit states. One of them was a 27-year-old male she met on meetme.com.
During an interview with the 14-year-old girl, she told the officer that she met a man named "Josh Maro" on the website and talked with him via cellphone. The two apparently planned to meet, and the girl sneaked out of her house to engage with sex acts with "Josh" in his car, according to the affidavit.
The girl said she lied and told the man she was 15, but he told her their conduct was OK because he was only 16.
The police officer looked at the girl's phone and found photos of "Josh," including one he had allegedly sent of his genitals. During the course of the investigation, the officer reported locating Salazar who appeared to be the man in the photos.
Salazar's phone number was the one the girl had for "Josh," and the officer learned Salazar was being investigated for allegedly sending lewd pictures to a 14-year-old girl in Mapleton, the affidavit states. During an interview, Salazar said that he only sent naked photos to women over 18.
A search of court records Friday showed no charges had been filed against Salazar.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- Cyclist killed on training run after...
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more in wake...
- American Fork cyclist killed during training...
- Boy, 3, killed in Lehi scooter accident
- President Obama to make first trip to... 114
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 41
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more... 41
- School leaders look for solutions to... 24
- Cyclist killed on training run after... 23
- Obama expected to stay overnight in... 17
- A river runs dry: Water and the future... 15
- Man who crashed truck into house... 12