Utah Jazz: Big Al's 'problems,' Hayward's All-Star aspirations and Laker talk
"Anytime you go against one of the greatest to ever play, you want to play your best and do whatever you can to make things difficult for him. I'm just out there being a competitor," Hayward said.
"There's a lot of things that I could learn from him," he continued. "There are guys in this league that you can learn a lot from, so any time you get to play against them and stuff like that, you can pick up on little things they do to help your game get better."
— Corbin on Jefferson, Paul Millsap and Hayward being overlooked as All-Star reserves:
"I don't know how considered our guys were. I couldn't vote for my players, but I think they were very well deserving of an opportunity to be selected to the All-Star team. I'm disappointed we didn't get anybody again," Corbin said.
"You look at our guys' numbers compared to other guys in there and how our team's doing, I think they're deserving of a position."
— Jefferson, who thought David Lee and Marc Gasol were deserving of All-Star consideration, pointed out that he especially thought Golden State has a legitimate beef:
"I thought Stephen Curry should've got in, too," Jefferson said of the sensational shooter, who averages 20.9 points, 6.6 assists and 4.1 rebounds. "Top five team in the West, averaging 20. I think he should've got in. Maybe next time."
Maybe for Big Al, too?
"It's my ninth season in the league. I've been in the situation before. In Minnesota, I didn't make it ... (and) I used to be mad, but then I realized who they want in there is going to be in there, so I just don't worry about it."
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org; TWITTER: DJJazzyJody
- Brad Rock: When it comes to rioting, Miami...
- BYU football: Christian Stewart returns to...
- 1A boys basketball tournament: roundup of...
- Morning links: Jazz's sudden rise; SI breaks...
- After year layoff, BYU's Kurtz happy to be...
- Dick Harmon: Work of BYU's new strength coach...
- The name game: pronouncing the names of the...
- Jazz grind out impressive 93-82 win in Memphis
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 110
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 83
- Discipline a focus of spring ball for... 74
- Holmoe assesses the state of the... 51
- Mike Sorensen: How about a Utah-BYU... 44
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the... 42
- Brad Rock: When it comes to rioting,... 42
- Morning links: Is BYU now in the... 40