ALPINE — Applications for the Alpine Youth City Council will be accepted during February.
All applications are due by Feb. 28. Please send completed applications to Marlene Smith, 228 Scenic Drive, Alpine, UT 84004. Applicants will be notified of a time and date for an interview once the application is received.
Applications are available on the city's website, alpinecity.org.
During the year, the youth council meets every first and third Thursday of each month. In addition, there are also service projects and activities. Parent advisers also are needed each year to help run the youth council.
Past activities have included displaying the flags along Main Street for flag holidays, activities with the residents of River Meadows Assisted Living, planting flowers at the City Cemetery for Memorial Day, ushering Alpine theatrical and musical productions, shadowing of Alpine City Council during meetings and hosting Meet the Candidates night, among others.
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Fired West Valley officer's defense team goes...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 21
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 16
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12