ALPINE — Applications for the Alpine Youth City Council will be accepted during February.
All applications are due by Feb. 28. Please send completed applications to Marlene Smith, 228 Scenic Drive, Alpine, UT 84004. Applicants will be notified of a time and date for an interview once the application is received.
Applications are available on the city's website, alpinecity.org.
During the year, the youth council meets every first and third Thursday of each month. In addition, there are also service projects and activities. Parent advisers also are needed each year to help run the youth council.
Past activities have included displaying the flags along Main Street for flag holidays, activities with the residents of River Meadows Assisted Living, planting flowers at the City Cemetery for Memorial Day, ushering Alpine theatrical and musical productions, shadowing of Alpine City Council during meetings and hosting Meet the Candidates night, among others.
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- Woman accused of leaving young son outside...
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay...
- Lawmaker's proposal would offer free tuition...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 53
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 48
- House Speaker Becky Lockhart is running... 36
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 34
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 33
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 32
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27