ALPINE — Applications for the Alpine Youth City Council will be accepted during February.
All applications are due by Feb. 28. Please send completed applications to Marlene Smith, 228 Scenic Drive, Alpine, UT 84004. Applicants will be notified of a time and date for an interview once the application is received.
Applications are available on the city's website, alpinecity.org.
During the year, the youth council meets every first and third Thursday of each month. In addition, there are also service projects and activities. Parent advisers also are needed each year to help run the youth council.
Past activities have included displaying the flags along Main Street for flag holidays, activities with the residents of River Meadows Assisted Living, planting flowers at the City Cemetery for Memorial Day, ushering Alpine theatrical and musical productions, shadowing of Alpine City Council during meetings and hosting Meet the Candidates night, among others.
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Astronomers find massive black hole in tiny...
- Darrien's day: Controversy put aside as man...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Bystanders flip SUV to rescue teen from river
- U.S. approaching 'sudden' phase of...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 117
- Police break silence about... 50
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 40
- Friends, family, strangers gather at... 35
- New definition of homeless would give... 29
- Utah, Western states say feds are all... 26
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 22
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20