ALPINE — Applications for the Alpine Youth City Council will be accepted during February.
All applications are due by Feb. 28. Please send completed applications to Marlene Smith, 228 Scenic Drive, Alpine, UT 84004. Applicants will be notified of a time and date for an interview once the application is received.
Applications are available on the city's website, alpinecity.org.
During the year, the youth council meets every first and third Thursday of each month. In addition, there are also service projects and activities. Parent advisers also are needed each year to help run the youth council.
Past activities have included displaying the flags along Main Street for flag holidays, activities with the residents of River Meadows Assisted Living, planting flowers at the City Cemetery for Memorial Day, ushering Alpine theatrical and musical productions, shadowing of Alpine City Council during meetings and hosting Meet the Candidates night, among others.
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this weekend
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 107
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 89
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 77
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 23