SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City School District has announced the winners of its annual Mathcounts competition, which took place Jan. 11 at Clayton Middle School.
First place was Eva Provonost from Hawthorne Elementary, second place went to Ruby Thorn from Clayton Middle School, and the third-place finisher was Josephine Holubkov from Hawthorne Elementary.
The team champions were from Hawthorne Elementary: Holubkov, Pronovost, William Patton and Shriya Pingali.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 36
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 33
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17