DICKINSON, N.D. – The 22nd-ranked Westminster College men’s basketball team defeated Dickinson State (N.D.) 65-57 in a non-conference game on Thursday night at Scott Gymnasium.
Westminster moves to 17-4 overall on the season with its fourth straight victory. Dickinson State falls to 9-14 with the second loss to the Griffins in a week.
Trailing 14-6 early in the first half, Westminster closed the half with a 26-6 run to lead 32-20 at halftime. The Griffins shot 45.5 percent from the floor in the game and made 14 of their attempts from beyond the arc. The Griffins held DSU to 35.3 percent from the floor and forced 17 turnovers, which resulted in 18 points.
Jake Orchard and Tallon Robertson scored 14 points apiece to lead the Griffins. Robertson shot 6-of-11 with five rebounds, while Orchard made two treys and recorded three assists. Blake Skidmore added nine points and Jordan Pryor finished with seven.
Ty Ackelson led the Blue Hawks with 12 points. Johnie Sanders and Brock Boos added nine points each.
Westminster will conclude this road trip Saturday when it faces Rocky Mountain (Mont.) at 7:30 p.m. in Billings, Mont.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28