DICKINSON, N.D. – The 22nd-ranked Westminster College men’s basketball team defeated Dickinson State (N.D.) 65-57 in a non-conference game on Thursday night at Scott Gymnasium.
Westminster moves to 17-4 overall on the season with its fourth straight victory. Dickinson State falls to 9-14 with the second loss to the Griffins in a week.
Trailing 14-6 early in the first half, Westminster closed the half with a 26-6 run to lead 32-20 at halftime. The Griffins shot 45.5 percent from the floor in the game and made 14 of their attempts from beyond the arc. The Griffins held DSU to 35.3 percent from the floor and forced 17 turnovers, which resulted in 18 points.
Jake Orchard and Tallon Robertson scored 14 points apiece to lead the Griffins. Robertson shot 6-of-11 with five rebounds, while Orchard made two treys and recorded three assists. Blake Skidmore added nine points and Jordan Pryor finished with seven.
Ty Ackelson led the Blue Hawks with 12 points. Johnie Sanders and Brock Boos added nine points each.
Westminster will conclude this road trip Saturday when it faces Rocky Mountain (Mont.) at 7:30 p.m. in Billings, Mont.
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 99
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 55
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33