The Gonzaga Bulldogs defeated the BYU Cougars 83-63 after lackluster first half performances by Tyler Haws and Brandon Davies.
Haws, the leading scorer in the West Coast Conference had no points and Davies had just two for the Cougars at the half. Davies improved after halftime finishing 14 with 6 rebounds, but Haws continued to struggle putting up only one point.
Two Gonzaga players scored over 20; Kelly Olynyk was a perfect nine for nine scoring 26 points and grabbing nine rebounds and Elias Harris had a double-double scoring 25 points with 10 rebounds.
BYU had 14 steals and kept it competitive, but could not overcome a 19-point defecit at the half.
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 103
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 81
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 13
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Doug Robinson: Why this mother of four... 5