BYU track: Dalton in third after Day 1 of Air Force Invitational Heptathlon
PROVO, Utah - Chase Dalton sits in third place after the first four events of the men's heptathlon at the Air Force Invitational. Dalton, with a score of 2,818, trails Colorado State athletes Josh McMillan and Justin Green, who have 2,867 and 2,848 points, respectively.
"We're doing a lot better so far than we were two weeks ago," head coach Mark Robison said. "We're progressing and making improvements, so I think we're on the right track. We'll see what we can do tomorrow."
The Air Force Invitational continues through Saturday. Full results for today's events can be found here.
Mason Porter is a Sports Information Director for BYU Athletic Communications. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28