TOOELE — One person was killed Thursday in a head-on collision and another hospitalized in critical condition.
A white pickup was headed westbound on State route 112 near Tooele when the driver crossed into eastbound traffic and hit a green van, Utah Highway Patrol Lt. Corey Nye said. The collision occurred between milepost 1 and 2 about 6 p.m.
The van was pushed sideways in the collision and into the path of a black pickup, which struck the van on the driver's side door, Nye said.
The driver of the green van was taken by ambulance to an area hospital, where he later died, Nye said. The identification of the driver was not released.
The driver of the white pickup was taken to the University of Utah Hospital in critical condition. He was not wearing a seat belt at the time of the collision, Nye said.
No one in the black pickup was injured.
UHP is still investigating the cause of the crash, Nye said. Police do not believe weather conditions were a factor.
- Mystery man who rescued driver from cliff in...
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth...
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah
- Second student sues district over teacher's...
- Osmond to run 250 miles to help kids get...
- Slain Brigham City mom remembered as loving,...
- Clearfield man intentionally punched woman...
- The startling projections of a quake in Salt...
- LDS Church, other religions urge... 102
- Married lesbian couple sues Utah to be... 65
- End of an era: Mercury rule shutters... 57
- Poll: Strong approval ratings for Gov.... 27
- Sen. Hatch's 'I-Squared' bill could... 26
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah 22
- Herbert to meet with Obama... 21
- April snow shocks Utahns but does... 20