TOOELE — One person was killed Thursday in a head-on collision and another hospitalized in critical condition.
A white pickup was headed westbound on State route 112 near Tooele when the driver crossed into eastbound traffic and hit a green van, Utah Highway Patrol Lt. Corey Nye said. The collision occurred between milepost 1 and 2 about 6 p.m.
The van was pushed sideways in the collision and into the path of a black pickup, which struck the van on the driver's side door, Nye said.
The driver of the green van was taken by ambulance to an area hospital, where he later died, Nye said. The identification of the driver was not released.
The driver of the white pickup was taken to the University of Utah Hospital in critical condition. He was not wearing a seat belt at the time of the collision, Nye said.
No one in the black pickup was injured.
UHP is still investigating the cause of the crash, Nye said. Police do not believe weather conditions were a factor.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- Utah native served with main character in...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Utahn Merlin Taylor is Santa with a cause
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- West High basketball players work to debate...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 117
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 35
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 24
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 16
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 12
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 12