TOOELE — One person was killed Thursday in a head-on collision and another hospitalized in critical condition.
A white pickup was headed westbound on State route 112 near Tooele when the driver crossed into eastbound traffic and hit a green van, Utah Highway Patrol Lt. Corey Nye said. The collision occurred between milepost 1 and 2 about 6 p.m.
The van was pushed sideways in the collision and into the path of a black pickup, which struck the van on the driver's side door, Nye said.
The driver of the green van was taken by ambulance to an area hospital, where he later died, Nye said. The identification of the driver was not released.
The driver of the white pickup was taken to the University of Utah Hospital in critical condition. He was not wearing a seat belt at the time of the collision, Nye said.
No one in the black pickup was injured.
UHP is still investigating the cause of the crash, Nye said. Police do not believe weather conditions were a factor.
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Snow wreaks havoc across state, curbs travel...
- Police officer suicide needs to be addressed,...
- System failure to blame for delayed Saturday...
- Charges: Magna mom got 13-year-old son drunk
- Rare snowstorm traps I-15 motorists overnight...
- John Swallow lost computer hard drive on...
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 111
- LDS missionaries developing strategies... 50
- Federal website fixes allowing more... 44
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 27
- As winter takes hold, needs increase... 27
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 26
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela 26
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 18