TOOELE — One person was killed Thursday in a head-on collision and another hospitalized in critical condition.
A white pickup was headed westbound on State route 112 near Tooele when the driver crossed into eastbound traffic and hit a green van, Utah Highway Patrol Lt. Corey Nye said. The collision occurred between milepost 1 and 2 about 6 p.m.
The van was pushed sideways in the collision and into the path of a black pickup, which struck the van on the driver's side door, Nye said.
The driver of the green van was taken by ambulance to an area hospital, where he later died, Nye said. The identification of the driver was not released.
The driver of the white pickup was taken to the University of Utah Hospital in critical condition. He was not wearing a seat belt at the time of the collision, Nye said.
No one in the black pickup was injured.
UHP is still investigating the cause of the crash, Nye said. Police do not believe weather conditions were a factor.
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to...
- Parents of teen who died in overdose hope...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on GOP to...
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after...
- Larry H. Miller family pulls Tooele County...
- Sandy man gets prison time in $1.5 million...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 40
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 22
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 19
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 17
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 15
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 13
- BYU student parlays app idea into a... 11