TOOELE — One person was killed Thursday in a head-on collision and another hospitalized in critical condition.
A white pickup was headed westbound on State route 112 near Tooele when the driver crossed into eastbound traffic and hit a green van, Utah Highway Patrol Lt. Corey Nye said. The collision occurred between milepost 1 and 2 about 6 p.m.
The van was pushed sideways in the collision and into the path of a black pickup, which struck the van on the driver's side door, Nye said.
The driver of the green van was taken by ambulance to an area hospital, where he later died, Nye said. The identification of the driver was not released.
The driver of the white pickup was taken to the University of Utah Hospital in critical condition. He was not wearing a seat belt at the time of the collision, Nye said.
No one in the black pickup was injured.
UHP is still investigating the cause of the crash, Nye said. Police do not believe weather conditions were a factor.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 15