Utah State men's basketball: Aggies fall to UT-Arlington, 74-68
Utah State lost inside the Spectrum to UT-Arlington, 74-68, Thursday night.
After a fast USU start, UT-Arlington came racing back to lead 25-20 midway through the first half of a game that was ultimately tied, 33-33, at halftime.
USU’s only lead in the second half came with 17:32 remaining, when Ben Clifford made a 3-point jumper.
With the game tied at 48-48 with 10:53 remaining, UTA pulled away, creating a small lead that lasted until the final buzzer.
Junior Spencer Butterfield was the top performer for the Aggies. He finished with 23 points and 11 rebounds.
The Aggies had almost the same shooting percentages as UTA, but had 16 turnovers to the Mavericks’ 10.
The loss drops USU to 14-4 this season.
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- High school wrestling: Perennial powers...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 31
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25