Utah State men's basketball: Aggies fall to UT-Arlington, 74-68
Utah State lost inside the Spectrum to UT-Arlington, 74-68, Thursday night.
After a fast USU start, UT-Arlington came racing back to lead 25-20 midway through the first half of a game that was ultimately tied, 33-33, at halftime.
USU’s only lead in the second half came with 17:32 remaining, when Ben Clifford made a 3-point jumper.
With the game tied at 48-48 with 10:53 remaining, UTA pulled away, creating a small lead that lasted until the final buzzer.
Junior Spencer Butterfield was the top performer for the Aggies. He finished with 23 points and 11 rebounds.
The Aggies had almost the same shooting percentages as UTA, but had 16 turnovers to the Mavericks’ 10.
The loss drops USU to 14-4 this season.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 45
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 28