Utah State men's basketball: Aggies fall to UT-Arlington, 74-68
Utah State lost inside the Spectrum to UT-Arlington, 74-68, Thursday night.
After a fast USU start, UT-Arlington came racing back to lead 25-20 midway through the first half of a game that was ultimately tied, 33-33, at halftime.
USU’s only lead in the second half came with 17:32 remaining, when Ben Clifford made a 3-point jumper.
With the game tied at 48-48 with 10:53 remaining, UTA pulled away, creating a small lead that lasted until the final buzzer.
Junior Spencer Butterfield was the top performer for the Aggies. He finished with 23 points and 11 rebounds.
The Aggies had almost the same shooting percentages as UTA, but had 16 turnovers to the Mavericks’ 10.
The loss drops USU to 14-4 this season.
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for Jabari...
- BYU football adds California DL Kainoa Fuiava...
- BYU basketball: First-grader given royal blue...
- Defense, rebounding, big second half propels...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired assistant...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State, 71-69
- Live stream: High school drill team state...
- High school football: Bountiful High coach...
- Morning links: Which Utah school has... 92
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 85
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah... 80
- BYU football: 2016 recruiting class... 42
- College football signing day central:... 34
- Morning links: Ty Detmer plays ping... 32
- 5-star LDS linebacker prospect Mique... 32
- Brad Rock: Recruiting day puts Utes in... 29