Utah State men's basketball: Aggies fall to UT-Arlington, 74-68
Utah State lost inside the Spectrum to UT-Arlington, 74-68, Thursday night.
After a fast USU start, UT-Arlington came racing back to lead 25-20 midway through the first half of a game that was ultimately tied, 33-33, at halftime.
USU’s only lead in the second half came with 17:32 remaining, when Ben Clifford made a 3-point jumper.
With the game tied at 48-48 with 10:53 remaining, UTA pulled away, creating a small lead that lasted until the final buzzer.
Junior Spencer Butterfield was the top performer for the Aggies. He finished with 23 points and 11 rebounds.
The Aggies had almost the same shooting percentages as UTA, but had 16 turnovers to the Mavericks’ 10.
The loss drops USU to 14-4 this season.
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 104
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 81
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 33
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 30
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 20
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 8
- Former BYU guard Cory Calvert to... 7