Police trying to identify man in attempted sexual assault
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are trying to identify a man who may have answers about how a 19-year-old woman attending a Salt Lake City party woke up hours later in West Valley City.
The woman reported that she was at a friend's going-away party in Salt Lake City on Jan. 2, but one of the last memories she has of the night was drinking a glass of water. The woman woke up at 1 a.m. lying near a large tree near a church at 1585 W. 2640 South in West Valley City, with no idea of how she got there.
Though the woman had her keys, her car was nowhere in sight and didn't turn up where she had left it at the party, according to police. She called a friend to pick her up and reported the incident to officers.
A friend of the woman spotted her car 10 days later at a Maverik gas station at 3260 S. West Temple in South Salt Lake. The car was buried in snow and had been parked at the gas station since the night of the party.
Police are asking the public to help identify a man from the gas station's security footage. He can be seen putting the woman into his vehicle and leaving north on West Temple. He was driving a maroon Ford Expedition with chrome wheels and chrome body trim.
The man is described as a 30- to 40-year-old Hispanic male, possibly with a mustache or goatee, with short-shaved hair and a large build. Security footage shows him wearing a yellow baseball cap, blue denim pants, brown work boots and a blue, green and white flannel jacket and a dark hood.
Anyone with information about the man is asked to contact South Salt Lake police at 801-840-4000.
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 40
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Former Romney finance chairman courting... 15