SALT LAKE CITY — Police are trying to identify a man who may have answers about how a 19-year-old woman attending a Salt Lake City party woke up hours later in West Valley City.
The woman reported that she was at a friend's going-away party in Salt Lake City on Jan. 2, but one of the last memories she has of the night was drinking a glass of water. The woman woke up at 1 a.m. lying near a large tree near a church at 1585 W. 2640 South in West Valley City, with no idea of how she got there.
Though the woman had her keys, her car was nowhere in sight and didn't turn up where she had left it at the party, according to police. She called a friend to pick her up and reported the incident to officers.
A friend of the woman spotted her car 10 days later at a Maverik gas station at 3260 S. West Temple in South Salt Lake. The car was buried in snow and had been parked at the gas station since the night of the party.
Police are asking the public to help identify a man from the gas station's security footage. He can be seen putting the woman into his vehicle and leaving north on West Temple. He was driving a maroon Ford Expedition with chrome wheels and chrome body trim.
The man is described as a 30- to 40-year-old Hispanic male, possibly with a mustache or goatee, with short-shaved hair and a large build. Security footage shows him wearing a yellow baseball cap, blue denim pants, brown work boots and a blue, green and white flannel jacket and a dark hood.
Anyone with information about the man is asked to contact South Salt Lake police at 801-840-4000.
- Gunman caught after shooting father-in-law in...
- Video: Miss Utah USA flubs answer at Miss USA...
- Ogden man shot as he knelt to pray is...
- Miss Utah USA's bungled interview creates...
- 2 others back up extortion claims against...
- NPR writer 'slightly' defends Miss Utah USA's...
- In faith communities, fraudsters prey on trust
- BYU students win Student Gold ADDY award for...
- Video: Miss Utah USA flubs answer at... 24
- Animal rights group threatens Utah fur... 21
- Teen's family apologizes to family of... 20
- Attorneys for AG John Swallow say... 20
- Gunman caught after shooting... 20
- 2 others back up extortion claims... 20
- Wife's website could get Jeremy Johnson... 18
- Poll: Majority of Utahns want... 18