SALT LAKE CITY — Police are trying to identify a man who may have answers about how a 19-year-old woman attending a Salt Lake City party woke up hours later in West Valley City.
The woman reported that she was at a friend's going-away party in Salt Lake City on Jan. 2, but one of the last memories she has of the night was drinking a glass of water. The woman woke up at 1 a.m. lying near a large tree near a church at 1585 W. 2640 South in West Valley City, with no idea of how she got there.
Though the woman had her keys, her car was nowhere in sight and didn't turn up where she had left it at the party, according to police. She called a friend to pick her up and reported the incident to officers.
A friend of the woman spotted her car 10 days later at a Maverik gas station at 3260 S. West Temple in South Salt Lake. The car was buried in snow and had been parked at the gas station since the night of the party.
Police are asking the public to help identify a man from the gas station's security footage. He can be seen putting the woman into his vehicle and leaving north on West Temple. He was driving a maroon Ford Expedition with chrome wheels and chrome body trim.
The man is described as a 30- to 40-year-old Hispanic male, possibly with a mustache or goatee, with short-shaved hair and a large build. Security footage shows him wearing a yellow baseball cap, blue denim pants, brown work boots and a blue, green and white flannel jacket and a dark hood.
Anyone with information about the man is asked to contact South Salt Lake police at 801-840-4000.
- Josh Powell made 'admission of guilt' in...
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Letters to family show Steven Powell still...
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- 2 Utah high schools ranked among the best in...
- Police locate West Point teen called 'person...
- 4 reasons why you need to paraglide at Point...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 43
- S.L. draws up airport plans 32
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 29
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 22
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 21
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 17