OGDEN — Weber State University has named a professor to the first endowed chair in the school's history
Stanley Fawcett has been named to the John B. Goddard Endowed Chair in Global Supply Chain Management. WSU has the only supply chain management program in Utah, according to the university.
“Dr. Fawcett was chosen for this honor because of his outstanding research as well as his dynamic teaching,” said Jeff Steagall, dean of the John B. Goddard School of Business and Economics.
John Goddard and his wife, Geraldine, provided funds to create the chair. The endowed chair will allow WSU to recruit internationally for teaching and research faculty.
Supply chain management is a fairly new discipline that focuses on teaching companies how to maximize profits by improving relationships with consumers and suppliers.
Improving the standard of living for everyone is Fawcett’s ultimate goal. “Our graduates will possess the skills they need to get great jobs,” Fawcett said. “In return, companies will be thrilled to hire them because they will be able to meet their customers’ needs.”
- 3 children, Ogden doctor die after boat...
- Elder Perry's 'wildfire' cancer shocked...
- Photos: A photographic look at Elder L. Tom...
- Koch brothers group launches campaign against...
- Couple arrested in Louisiana for $114K theft...
- Body found near Jordan River trail in Salt...
- Police identify man found dead near Jordan River
- Wind-fueled fire rips through large Draper home
- Koch brothers group launches campaign... 49
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 47
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks... 34
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 27
- Elder L. Tom Perry — an... 22
- Jammed highway lights fire under Arches... 18
- Elder Perry's 'wildfire' cancer shocked... 17
- Watchdog group accuses Utah lawmaker of... 15