OGDEN — Weber State University has named a professor to the first endowed chair in the school's history
Stanley Fawcett has been named to the John B. Goddard Endowed Chair in Global Supply Chain Management. WSU has the only supply chain management program in Utah, according to the university.
“Dr. Fawcett was chosen for this honor because of his outstanding research as well as his dynamic teaching,” said Jeff Steagall, dean of the John B. Goddard School of Business and Economics.
John Goddard and his wife, Geraldine, provided funds to create the chair. The endowed chair will allow WSU to recruit internationally for teaching and research faculty.
Supply chain management is a fairly new discipline that focuses on teaching companies how to maximize profits by improving relationships with consumers and suppliers.
Improving the standard of living for everyone is Fawcett’s ultimate goal. “Our graduates will possess the skills they need to get great jobs,” Fawcett said. “In return, companies will be thrilled to hire them because they will be able to meet their customers’ needs.”
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Stolen Dodge Charger no match for Hurricane...
- Salt Lake County cities, school districts...
- What went right: How one Orem family turned...
- Teen girl killed in Millard County crash
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Herriman man says his brain tumor felt like a...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 48
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 37
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 33
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 16
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12
- Salt Lake police looking for horses,... 10
- Survey: Utah residents want crops, not... 10
- National report shows high overall... 9