Utah Jazz basketball: After building big lead, Jazz hold on to turn back Wizards (+video)
Foye hit a big 3 and Derrick Favors scored on a layup, but the Wizards just kept coming and finally trimmed Utah's led to two with plenty of time remaining for the comeback win.
But Hayward, Millsap and Jefferson combined forces to help Utah regain an 88-80 lead with 3:14 left.
The Wizards wouldn't quit, though, and after Webster missed an ill-advised turnaround jumper that could've pulled Washington within two again in the last minute, Millsap scored to make it 90-84. Webster threw in a 3-pointer that made it 90-87 with 15.6 seconds left, but Foye connected on a couple of free throws four seconds later to put it out of reach.
"That stuff is a concern," Corbin said of his team's propensity to blow double-digit leads, then usually still hang on to win. "But you win the game, so you don't go crazy about it. You've got to learn a lesson from it — why you're doing it — and we get relaxed in situations where there's a lot of time left and we let teams make a run.
"We've got to learn not to do that against anybody because we can't afford to do it."
Yep, those are the rules — so don't break 'em.
- BYU basketball: 3 players record...
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- Local NFL watch: How Utah players fared in...
- LDS general authorities make appearance at...
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up just...
- Utah Jazz: A few slices of holiday spirit...
- High school basketball: Tuesday's prep roundup
- Utah Jazz: Comparisons inevitable between...
- Mike Sorensen: Despite disappointing... 184
- BYU football: Cougar offense rebounds... 84
- Utah football: Utes end season with... 76
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 75
- BYU, Utah State basketball: Second-half... 74
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 57
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 57
- Sources: Former BYU quarterback Steve... 48