BYU football: Brayden Kearsley re-commits to BYU after nearly choosing Oregon State
“I want get there and bust my hump like I never have before,” he said. “I plan on being aggressive in every drill and bringing a nasty attitude, but in a good way. I love coach Anae and I love coach (Garrett) Tujague, and I can’t wait to play for those guys."
Kearsley is also anxious to please loyal BYU fans — many of whom grew frustrated with him during the recruiting process and let their feelings be known. Kearsley retains an active Twitter account and became keenly aware of how attitudes toward him had shifted.
"I don't think fans understand what it's like for a young 17-year-old kid to receive all the attention I have throughout the process," he said. "Every kid is different, but I truly think I needed to back away from BYU to the point where I all but decided to sign with Oregon State to be truly committed. It's hard to explain, but after everything I've been through and after seriously considering other schools, I feel much more committed to BYU than I was when I originally committed there."
Kearsley believes he'll be signing with a program on the rise whose best days are ahead.
"I want to be part of BYU because I truly believe we’re going to be scary good in a few years if not immediately," he said. "Coach Mendenhall is always going to have a top defense, and we just need to get going on offense to match what they do on defense. Coach Anae and Tujague are the right guys to get the offense going and playing at the level the defense does. I want to be a part of that and help out wherever I can — hopefully immediately.”
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being forced out...
- Amy Donaldson: South Jordan mom eyes Boston...
- Brad Rock: Silence is the wrong approach for...
- Meet the 21 Utah ties on the NFL playoff rosters
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Bingham nearly topples undefeated Florida...
- BYU seeks first conference victory when...
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 75
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 63
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being... 45
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football... 41
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act... 39
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look... 22
- Brad Rock: Silence is the wrong... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU starters lose 3-point... 15