Accused Legacy Parkway gunman charged in two additional incidents
, Davis County Jail
SALT LAKE CITY — A Taylorsville man accused of shooting at a vehicle on Legacy Parkway is also charged with brandishing a weapon at Salt Lake County drivers in two additional incidents.
Marco Antonio Guizar, 37, was arrested Jan. 16 and charged in 2nd District Court with attempted aggravated murder, a first-degree felony, three counts of aggravated assault, a second-degree felony, and other charges.
Guizar is accused of shooting at another driver on Legacy Parkway, then leading police on a chase through Farmington neighborhoods before exchanging fire with officers and being taken into police custody.
Charges filed Wednesday in 3rd District Court also charge Guizar with two counts of aggravated assault. According to charging documents, Guizar pointed a handgun at a female driver accompanied by her two children while she was stopped at a stop sign near 4100 South and 6400 West on Jan. 16.
Later that same day, Guizar again brandished a handgun while driving alongside a man headed eastbound on 2500 Lake Park Boulevard, charges state.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- Utah's expanding Hispanic business at center...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Creativity of ALS ice bucket challenge boosts...
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 166
- Bingham High students walk out over... 92
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 87
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 27
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18