Accused Legacy Parkway gunman charged in two additional incidents
, Davis County Jail
SALT LAKE CITY — A Taylorsville man accused of shooting at a vehicle on Legacy Parkway is also charged with brandishing a weapon at Salt Lake County drivers in two additional incidents.
Marco Antonio Guizar, 37, was arrested Jan. 16 and charged in 2nd District Court with attempted aggravated murder, a first-degree felony, three counts of aggravated assault, a second-degree felony, and other charges.
Guizar is accused of shooting at another driver on Legacy Parkway, then leading police on a chase through Farmington neighborhoods before exchanging fire with officers and being taken into police custody.
Charges filed Wednesday in 3rd District Court also charge Guizar with two counts of aggravated assault. According to charging documents, Guizar pointed a handgun at a female driver accompanied by her two children while she was stopped at a stop sign near 4100 South and 6400 West on Jan. 16.
Later that same day, Guizar again brandished a handgun while driving alongside a man headed eastbound on 2500 Lake Park Boulevard, charges state.
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Sugar House man intends to sue police, city...
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Fire rips through Orem structure under...
- Grading Utah schools, 2014: Top 20 highest...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- Police: Vernal woman arrested with car full...
- Regulators, groups eye EPA rule on coal ash
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 51
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 33
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 33
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15