Accused Legacy Parkway gunman charged in two additional incidents
, Davis County Jail
SALT LAKE CITY — A Taylorsville man accused of shooting at a vehicle on Legacy Parkway is also charged with brandishing a weapon at Salt Lake County drivers in two additional incidents.
Marco Antonio Guizar, 37, was arrested Jan. 16 and charged in 2nd District Court with attempted aggravated murder, a first-degree felony, three counts of aggravated assault, a second-degree felony, and other charges.
Guizar is accused of shooting at another driver on Legacy Parkway, then leading police on a chase through Farmington neighborhoods before exchanging fire with officers and being taken into police custody.
Charges filed Wednesday in 3rd District Court also charge Guizar with two counts of aggravated assault. According to charging documents, Guizar pointed a handgun at a female driver accompanied by her two children while she was stopped at a stop sign near 4100 South and 6400 West on Jan. 16.
Later that same day, Guizar again brandished a handgun while driving alongside a man headed eastbound on 2500 Lake Park Boulevard, charges state.
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- IRS raids properties with possible polygamist...
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's...
- Friends, family remember sister missionary...
- 7 more of the most infamous criminals in Utah...
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- UHP trooper hit during I-15 traffic stop
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 19
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 10