, Davis County Jail
SALT LAKE CITY — A Taylorsville man accused of shooting at a vehicle on Legacy Parkway is also charged with brandishing a weapon at Salt Lake County drivers in two additional incidents.
Marco Antonio Guizar, 37, was arrested Jan. 16 and charged in 2nd District Court with attempted aggravated murder, a first-degree felony, three counts of aggravated assault, a second-degree felony, and other charges.
Guizar is accused of shooting at another driver on Legacy Parkway, then leading police on a chase through Farmington neighborhoods before exchanging fire with officers and being taken into police custody.
Charges filed Wednesday in 3rd District Court also charge Guizar with two counts of aggravated assault. According to charging documents, Guizar pointed a handgun at a female driver accompanied by her two children while she was stopped at a stop sign near 4100 South and 6400 West on Jan. 16.
Later that same day, Guizar again brandished a handgun while driving alongside a man headed eastbound on 2500 Lake Park Boulevard, charges state.
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Body of man, 51, discovered outside Cedar City
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 21
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 11