Accused Legacy Parkway gunman charged in two additional incidents
, Davis County Jail
SALT LAKE CITY — A Taylorsville man accused of shooting at a vehicle on Legacy Parkway is also charged with brandishing a weapon at Salt Lake County drivers in two additional incidents.
Marco Antonio Guizar, 37, was arrested Jan. 16 and charged in 2nd District Court with attempted aggravated murder, a first-degree felony, three counts of aggravated assault, a second-degree felony, and other charges.
Guizar is accused of shooting at another driver on Legacy Parkway, then leading police on a chase through Farmington neighborhoods before exchanging fire with officers and being taken into police custody.
Charges filed Wednesday in 3rd District Court also charge Guizar with two counts of aggravated assault. According to charging documents, Guizar pointed a handgun at a female driver accompanied by her two children while she was stopped at a stop sign near 4100 South and 6400 West on Jan. 16.
Later that same day, Guizar again brandished a handgun while driving alongside a man headed eastbound on 2500 Lake Park Boulevard, charges state.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Two suffer minor injuries in gyrocopter crash...
- Intermountain Healthcare taps new CEO
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail without a...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- National conservative group backs... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11