Accused Legacy Parkway gunman charged in two additional incidents
, Davis County Jail
SALT LAKE CITY — A Taylorsville man accused of shooting at a vehicle on Legacy Parkway is also charged with brandishing a weapon at Salt Lake County drivers in two additional incidents.
Marco Antonio Guizar, 37, was arrested Jan. 16 and charged in 2nd District Court with attempted aggravated murder, a first-degree felony, three counts of aggravated assault, a second-degree felony, and other charges.
Guizar is accused of shooting at another driver on Legacy Parkway, then leading police on a chase through Farmington neighborhoods before exchanging fire with officers and being taken into police custody.
Charges filed Wednesday in 3rd District Court also charge Guizar with two counts of aggravated assault. According to charging documents, Guizar pointed a handgun at a female driver accompanied by her two children while she was stopped at a stop sign near 4100 South and 6400 West on Jan. 16.
Later that same day, Guizar again brandished a handgun while driving alongside a man headed eastbound on 2500 Lake Park Boulevard, charges state.
- About Utah: He's going public (again) for a...
- Mom who murdered 6 newborns sent to prison...
- County clerks in Utah poring over new law on...
- Man paralyzed in shooting appeals sentence...
- A Utah hiker's dream: A trek that may take...
- 17 pictures that will make you appreciate...
- 26-year-old Provo woman missing since...
- Woman stole mail from 127 people, police say
- County clerks in Utah poring over new... 62
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah 27
- Herbert to meet with Obama... 24
- Utah Rep. Mia Love raises $440K in... 18
- Pornography conference probes perils,... 16
- Second student sues district over... 15
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth... 11
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 9