Accused Legacy Parkway gunman charged in two additional incidents
, Davis County Jail
SALT LAKE CITY — A Taylorsville man accused of shooting at a vehicle on Legacy Parkway is also charged with brandishing a weapon at Salt Lake County drivers in two additional incidents.
Marco Antonio Guizar, 37, was arrested Jan. 16 and charged in 2nd District Court with attempted aggravated murder, a first-degree felony, three counts of aggravated assault, a second-degree felony, and other charges.
Guizar is accused of shooting at another driver on Legacy Parkway, then leading police on a chase through Farmington neighborhoods before exchanging fire with officers and being taken into police custody.
Charges filed Wednesday in 3rd District Court also charge Guizar with two counts of aggravated assault. According to charging documents, Guizar pointed a handgun at a female driver accompanied by her two children while she was stopped at a stop sign near 4100 South and 6400 West on Jan. 16.
Later that same day, Guizar again brandished a handgun while driving alongside a man headed eastbound on 2500 Lake Park Boulevard, charges state.
- Community rallies for Kamas family after...
- West Nile activity discovered in four Utah...
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising concerns...
- Ogden police shoot dog that was allegedly...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 44
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 20
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 18
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Union Pacific train makes special... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12