Accused Legacy Parkway gunman charged in two additional incidents
, Davis County Jail
SALT LAKE CITY — A Taylorsville man accused of shooting at a vehicle on Legacy Parkway is also charged with brandishing a weapon at Salt Lake County drivers in two additional incidents.
Marco Antonio Guizar, 37, was arrested Jan. 16 and charged in 2nd District Court with attempted aggravated murder, a first-degree felony, three counts of aggravated assault, a second-degree felony, and other charges.
Guizar is accused of shooting at another driver on Legacy Parkway, then leading police on a chase through Farmington neighborhoods before exchanging fire with officers and being taken into police custody.
Charges filed Wednesday in 3rd District Court also charge Guizar with two counts of aggravated assault. According to charging documents, Guizar pointed a handgun at a female driver accompanied by her two children while she was stopped at a stop sign near 4100 South and 6400 West on Jan. 16.
Later that same day, Guizar again brandished a handgun while driving alongside a man headed eastbound on 2500 Lake Park Boulevard, charges state.
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride Center's...
- Desire to serve: Even a gunshot couldn't keep...
- 1 dead in Uintah County after track hoe...
- Pig-shaped hot air balloon crashes in Provo
- Farmington woman tumbles 150 feet in hiking...
- Utah farmer turns alfalfa field into the...
- 'You can see the jaw marks': Pleasant Grove...
- 4 ways to guarantee your kids will have a...
- Delta man staged hate crimes in a 'cry... 96
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 55
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy... 41
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 38
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 28
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21
- U.S. Supreme Court overturns EPA's... 13
- Pig-shaped hot air balloon crashes in... 12