Accused Legacy Parkway gunman charged in two additional incidents
, Davis County Jail
SALT LAKE CITY — A Taylorsville man accused of shooting at a vehicle on Legacy Parkway is also charged with brandishing a weapon at Salt Lake County drivers in two additional incidents.
Marco Antonio Guizar, 37, was arrested Jan. 16 and charged in 2nd District Court with attempted aggravated murder, a first-degree felony, three counts of aggravated assault, a second-degree felony, and other charges.
Guizar is accused of shooting at another driver on Legacy Parkway, then leading police on a chase through Farmington neighborhoods before exchanging fire with officers and being taken into police custody.
Charges filed Wednesday in 3rd District Court also charge Guizar with two counts of aggravated assault. According to charging documents, Guizar pointed a handgun at a female driver accompanied by her two children while she was stopped at a stop sign near 4100 South and 6400 West on Jan. 16.
Later that same day, Guizar again brandished a handgun while driving alongside a man headed eastbound on 2500 Lake Park Boulevard, charges state.
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt status...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Motley Crue concert delayed about two hours...
- Wanted Layton man dies in New Mexico plane crash
- Imagine Dragons treated like home team at...
- What consumers need to know about chip...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 300
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 141
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 107
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 77
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 68
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 42
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 36