Accused Legacy Parkway gunman charged in two additional incidents
, Davis County Jail
SALT LAKE CITY — A Taylorsville man accused of shooting at a vehicle on Legacy Parkway is also charged with brandishing a weapon at Salt Lake County drivers in two additional incidents.
Marco Antonio Guizar, 37, was arrested Jan. 16 and charged in 2nd District Court with attempted aggravated murder, a first-degree felony, three counts of aggravated assault, a second-degree felony, and other charges.
Guizar is accused of shooting at another driver on Legacy Parkway, then leading police on a chase through Farmington neighborhoods before exchanging fire with officers and being taken into police custody.
Charges filed Wednesday in 3rd District Court also charge Guizar with two counts of aggravated assault. According to charging documents, Guizar pointed a handgun at a female driver accompanied by her two children while she was stopped at a stop sign near 4100 South and 6400 West on Jan. 16.
Later that same day, Guizar again brandished a handgun while driving alongside a man headed eastbound on 2500 Lake Park Boulevard, charges state.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Republican, Democratic political insiders say...
- Republican, Democratic political... 37
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12