Accused Legacy Parkway gunman charged in two additional incidents
, Davis County Jail
SALT LAKE CITY — A Taylorsville man accused of shooting at a vehicle on Legacy Parkway is also charged with brandishing a weapon at Salt Lake County drivers in two additional incidents.
Marco Antonio Guizar, 37, was arrested Jan. 16 and charged in 2nd District Court with attempted aggravated murder, a first-degree felony, three counts of aggravated assault, a second-degree felony, and other charges.
Guizar is accused of shooting at another driver on Legacy Parkway, then leading police on a chase through Farmington neighborhoods before exchanging fire with officers and being taken into police custody.
Charges filed Wednesday in 3rd District Court also charge Guizar with two counts of aggravated assault. According to charging documents, Guizar pointed a handgun at a female driver accompanied by her two children while she was stopped at a stop sign near 4100 South and 6400 West on Jan. 16.
Later that same day, Guizar again brandished a handgun while driving alongside a man headed eastbound on 2500 Lake Park Boulevard, charges state.
- Funeral services for President Boyd K. Packer...
- Photo gallery: Journey headlines 35th Stadium...
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- Doug Robinson: Utah's Glen Hanson has had an...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- Minor earthquake shakes southern Utah town
- President Packer's enduring legacy includes...
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 64
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 42
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 39
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 24
- Utah senators seeking support for... 16
- My view: Utah lawmakers can protect... 13
- Pig-shaped hot air balloon crashes in... 12
- Rubio, Christie planning sleepover with... 12