Accused Legacy Parkway gunman charged in two additional incidents
, Davis County Jail
SALT LAKE CITY — A Taylorsville man accused of shooting at a vehicle on Legacy Parkway is also charged with brandishing a weapon at Salt Lake County drivers in two additional incidents.
Marco Antonio Guizar, 37, was arrested Jan. 16 and charged in 2nd District Court with attempted aggravated murder, a first-degree felony, three counts of aggravated assault, a second-degree felony, and other charges.
Guizar is accused of shooting at another driver on Legacy Parkway, then leading police on a chase through Farmington neighborhoods before exchanging fire with officers and being taken into police custody.
Charges filed Wednesday in 3rd District Court also charge Guizar with two counts of aggravated assault. According to charging documents, Guizar pointed a handgun at a female driver accompanied by her two children while she was stopped at a stop sign near 4100 South and 6400 West on Jan. 16.
Later that same day, Guizar again brandished a handgun while driving alongside a man headed eastbound on 2500 Lake Park Boulevard, charges state.
- Former Gov. Norm Bangerter remembered as man...
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth...
- Pornography conference probes perils, solutions
- Osmond to run 250 miles to help kids get...
- Fire rips through Draper garage during...
- Orem pediatrician 'happy' to help...
- Mystery man who rescued driver from cliff in...
- Three Salt Lake City golf courses slated for...
- End of an era: Mercury rule shutters... 57
- Poll: Strong approval ratings for Gov.... 27
- Sen. Hatch's 'I-Squared' bill could... 26
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah 26
- Herbert to meet with Obama... 23
- April snow shocks Utahns but does... 20
- Wild, windy, wet weather wallops... 17
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz: Drug Enforcement... 15