Accused Legacy Parkway gunman charged in two additional incidents
, Davis County Jail
SALT LAKE CITY — A Taylorsville man accused of shooting at a vehicle on Legacy Parkway is also charged with brandishing a weapon at Salt Lake County drivers in two additional incidents.
Marco Antonio Guizar, 37, was arrested Jan. 16 and charged in 2nd District Court with attempted aggravated murder, a first-degree felony, three counts of aggravated assault, a second-degree felony, and other charges.
Guizar is accused of shooting at another driver on Legacy Parkway, then leading police on a chase through Farmington neighborhoods before exchanging fire with officers and being taken into police custody.
Charges filed Wednesday in 3rd District Court also charge Guizar with two counts of aggravated assault. According to charging documents, Guizar pointed a handgun at a female driver accompanied by her two children while she was stopped at a stop sign near 4100 South and 6400 West on Jan. 16.
Later that same day, Guizar again brandished a handgun while driving alongside a man headed eastbound on 2500 Lake Park Boulevard, charges state.
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million mark,...
- Several national parks vandalized, including...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- National Guard, DPS weigh possible...
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support to...
- Stay lifted on adoptions by same-sex parents...
- 3 'scary' medical problems for kids
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 121
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 97
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 61
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 45
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 34
- Stay lifted on adoptions by same-sex... 30
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 19
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 17