Utah Jazz basketball: Jazz build big lead on visiting Wizards in first half, 52-38
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
The Utah Jazz began pulling away from Washington when they opened the second quarter on a 21-6 run, building the lead up to 21 points. Despite allowing the Wizards to make a run late, the Jazz hold a 52-38 first-half lead.
Although the Jazz started sloppy and were even with the Wizards early on, they finished the half shooting 51 percent from the field and 33 percent from beyond the arc.
Utah's bench scored more than its starters thus far, with 27 points. Leading the bench is Enes Kanter with 10 points on four-of-four shooting.
Nenê leads all scorers for Washington with nine points and five rebounds.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utes have a lot of depth on the... 18
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 18