Utah Jazz basketball: Jazz build big lead on visiting Wizards in first half, 52-38
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
The Utah Jazz began pulling away from Washington when they opened the second quarter on a 21-6 run, building the lead up to 21 points. Despite allowing the Wizards to make a run late, the Jazz hold a 52-38 first-half lead.
Although the Jazz started sloppy and were even with the Wizards early on, they finished the half shooting 51 percent from the field and 33 percent from beyond the arc.
Utah's bench scored more than its starters thus far, with 27 points. Leading the bench is Enes Kanter with 10 points on four-of-four shooting.
Nenê leads all scorers for Washington with nine points and five rebounds.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 35
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 30
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Badger looking to become part of BYU's... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 20