Utah Jazz basketball: Jazz build big lead on visiting Wizards in first half, 52-38
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
The Utah Jazz began pulling away from Washington when they opened the second quarter on a 21-6 run, building the lead up to 21 points. Despite allowing the Wizards to make a run late, the Jazz hold a 52-38 first-half lead.
Although the Jazz started sloppy and were even with the Wizards early on, they finished the half shooting 51 percent from the field and 33 percent from beyond the arc.
Utah's bench scored more than its starters thus far, with 27 points. Leading the bench is Enes Kanter with 10 points on four-of-four shooting.
Nenê leads all scorers for Washington with nine points and five rebounds.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19