What's new: 'The Next Few Years Will Change Your Life' tells story of former BYU star Travis Hansen
Former BYU and NBA basketball player Travis Hansen loves the gospel of Jesus Christ, and he wants young readers of his new book, "The Next Few Years Will Change Your Life," to love it as well. Written with Dick Harmon, Deseret News sports columnist, "The Next Few Years" is an engaging and fast-paced read that weaves back and forth through Hansen’s experiences growing up in Orem, his time at BYU, as well as his professional career in the NBA and in Europe.
Not strictly a biography, "The Next Few Years" is instead a conversation between Hansen and young people still in their formative years. Each chapter of the book is built around a key experience from the author’s life, which he then uses to speak directly to his intended readers, almost as if he were their personal life coach.
This approach is a good one and makes the reader feel as if Hansen were speaking directly to them. These experiences range from his early success on the basketball court, the tragic early death of his mother, and his experiences as a full-time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Another unique aspect of the book is found in the final section. Hansen takes readers through the process of selecting and setting goals, using his own formula of success to encourage them to make a plan for their own life.
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- LDS World: Western author Wallace Stegner...
- Defending the Faith: FairMormon Conference to...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in Salt...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 303
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 141
- Religious groups react to Boy... 79
- Do contraceptive rules make religious... 43
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in... 43
- Are lawsuits ahead for church-based Boy... 31
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in... 27
- America welcomes Christians, Jews;... 24