Video about woman burned in plane crash becomes first Mormon Message to reach 1 million views
In 2008, Stephanie Nielson survived a plane crash in which 80 percent of her body was severely burned. Since waking up from a three-month coma and undergoing multiple surgeries, she has bravely moved forward.
In the time that's passed, many have heard and shared her inspiring story.
The Mormon Channel shared Nielson's tale through one of its many YouTube videos. The video, "My New Life," is the first of 95 Mormon Messages to reach 1 million views.
Nielson, a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, talks about her "new life" and how it is centered on Jesus Christ and family. She explains that Christ inspires her to do the things she does. "I pray. I get answers. Then I do it," she says in the video.
From her trials, Nielson says she's grown closer to Christ and feels she has a better sense of who she is and what her divine purpose is in life. She is grateful for what she has gone through, she says, and has realized her trials are blessings.
"Life has a different meaning to me than it did before," Nielson says.
Kylie Lewis is an intern for the Deseret News where she writes for Mormon Times and does other feature articles. She recently graduated from Brigham Young University-Idaho, receiving a bachelor's degree in communications.
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- 185th Annual General Conference talk...
- President Henry B. Eyring: 'The Comforter'
- Sister Bonnie L. Oscarson: 'Defenders of the...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- From log cabin to university, BYU-Idaho...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 165
- Why I don’t call myself a... 92
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 63
- Heaven can wait, Christian bookstore... 17
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 16
- General Women's Session focuses on... 15
- State bills to protect religious... 11
- Returning LDS missionary, father... 8