Video about woman burned in plane crash becomes first Mormon Message to reach 1 million views
In 2008, Stephanie Nielson survived a plane crash in which 80 percent of her body was severely burned. Since waking up from a three-month coma and undergoing multiple surgeries, she has bravely moved forward.
In the time that's passed, many have heard and shared her inspiring story.
The Mormon Channel shared Nielson's tale through one of its many YouTube videos. The video, "My New Life," is the first of 95 Mormon Messages to reach 1 million views.
Nielson, a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, talks about her "new life" and how it is centered on Jesus Christ and family. She explains that Christ inspires her to do the things she does. "I pray. I get answers. Then I do it," she says in the video.
From her trials, Nielson says she's grown closer to Christ and feels she has a better sense of who she is and what her divine purpose is in life. She is grateful for what she has gone through, she says, and has realized her trials are blessings.
"Life has a different meaning to me than it did before," Nielson says.
Kylie Lewis is an intern for the Deseret News where she writes for Mormon Times and does other feature articles. She recently graduated from Brigham Young University-Idaho, receiving a bachelor's degree in communications.
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11 museum,...
- New report says 2013 was 'the largest...
- Wright Words: Bad days are inevitable —...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 25
- After government topples crosses in... 19
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 16
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 12
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11... 5