Video about woman burned in plane crash becomes first Mormon Message to reach 1 million views
In 2008, Stephanie Nielson survived a plane crash in which 80 percent of her body was severely burned. Since waking up from a three-month coma and undergoing multiple surgeries, she has bravely moved forward.
In the time that's passed, many have heard and shared her inspiring story.
The Mormon Channel shared Nielson's tale through one of its many YouTube videos. The video, "My New Life," is the first of 95 Mormon Messages to reach 1 million views.
Nielson, a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, talks about her "new life" and how it is centered on Jesus Christ and family. She explains that Christ inspires her to do the things she does. "I pray. I get answers. Then I do it," she says in the video.
From her trials, Nielson says she's grown closer to Christ and feels she has a better sense of who she is and what her divine purpose is in life. She is grateful for what she has gone through, she says, and has realized her trials are blessings.
"Life has a different meaning to me than it did before," Nielson says.
Kylie Lewis is an intern for the Deseret News where she writes for Mormon Times and does other feature articles. She recently graduated from Brigham Young University-Idaho, receiving a bachelor's degree in communications.
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- LDS World: Receiving comfort in our afflictions
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after...
- Returned Mormon missionaries in college...
- LDS Church History Symposium presenter...
- Temple tax: European court rules LDS... 100
- Gay marriage debate is changing how... 84
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 56
- When Satan steals your motherhood 44
- Defending the Faith: Where is Mount Sinai? 24
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 20
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after... 14