This week, USU women's basketball heads to Arlington, Texas. The Aggies will face UT Arlington on Thursday, Jan. 24, at 6 p.m. (MT) at the College Park Center.
Utah State (8-10, 5-2 WAC) hits the road after a successful homestand that saw the Aggies come away with wins against New Mexico State (65-63) and Denver (85-69).
Utah State has won two-straight games and six of its last eight games, dating back to a win against South Dakota on Dec. 20. The Aggies will now play four of their next seven games on the road.
This is the first-ever meeting between Utah State and UT Arlington. The Mavericks are in their first season in the Western Athletic Conference. The teams will have one season in the WAC before the Aggies head to the Mountain West Conference, and the Mavericks move to the Sun Belt Conference.
UT Arlington is 3-14 overall and 1-6 in WAC play. The Mavericks have wins against Houston Baptist, North Texas and New Mexico State. UTA is in the midst of a season-high six-game losing streak. Last week, UT Arlington lost to both Seattle and Idaho on the road.
The Mavericks do not have any players averaging in double figures. UTA’s leading scorer is Laila Suleiman, averaging 8.7 points and 3.4 rebounds per game. Malaika Green is second in scoring with 8.1 ppg and 1.9 rpg. UT Arlington scores 54.4 ppg, while allowing 71.4.
With a win against Denver on Jan. 19, Utah State improved to 5-2 at home this season and a perfect 4-0 in WAC games. In home games this season, USU has outscored its opponents, 73.7 to 68.3, has doubled up their opponents in blocks with 4.7 bpg compared to 2.1 bpg by their opponents.
USU will then travel to Ruston, La., to face Louisiana Tech on Saturday, Jan. 26, at 6 p.m. (MT).
For tickets, contact the USU Athletics Ticket Office at (435) 797-0305 or at 1-888-U-STATE-1 for more information or visit the Utah State athletic website.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- The 1990 NBA draft redone: See how a pair of...
- Utahns in baseball: BYU alum Adam Law breaks...
- Amy Donaldson: It's easy for this working...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- Prep sports: All-Sports awards feature 2...
- Utah Jazz: Terry Rozier’s toughness...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 45
- Links: BYU gets a new commitment; Utes... 43
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 40
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 16
- Morning links: SI features Frank... 11
- Live streams: 5A & 4A state baseball... 7