Mark A. Philbrick/BYU Photo, email@example.com
PROVO, Utah – The No. 57 BYU men’s tennis team will compete in the ITA Kick-Off Weekend at the Los Angeles Tennis Center on UCLA’s campus.
The Cougars (4-0) will face No. 50 South Florida on Friday at 10 a.m. No. 3 UCLA and No. 57 Cal Poly will play at 1 p.m. The two winning teams will compete Saturday at 3 p.m., while the losers will square off in a consolation match at 6 p.m.
The winners of four straight matches, BYU will face tough competition this weekend. South Florida features the No. 107 Federico Sabogal, and Cal Poly boasts the No. 89 Andre Dome. UCLA has two ranked players including No. 12 Marcos Giran and No. 41 Dennis Mkrtchian.
Both the Cougars and the Cal Poly Mustangs are tied for No. 57 in the ITA rankings this week.
BYU has never faced South Florida and has never beaten powerhouse UCLA. BYU and Cal Poly enter this weekend 2-2 all-time against one another.
BYU upset its first ranked opponent of the year Monday in a 4-3 win against No. 44 Columbia.
Follow live stats on UCLA’s website.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 92
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 33
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 27
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Jazz GM Dennis Lindsey rebuts rumor... 14