Mark A. Philbrick/BYU Photo, email@example.com
PROVO, Utah – The No. 57 BYU men’s tennis team will compete in the ITA Kick-Off Weekend at the Los Angeles Tennis Center on UCLA’s campus.
The Cougars (4-0) will face No. 50 South Florida on Friday at 10 a.m. No. 3 UCLA and No. 57 Cal Poly will play at 1 p.m. The two winning teams will compete Saturday at 3 p.m., while the losers will square off in a consolation match at 6 p.m.
The winners of four straight matches, BYU will face tough competition this weekend. South Florida features the No. 107 Federico Sabogal, and Cal Poly boasts the No. 89 Andre Dome. UCLA has two ranked players including No. 12 Marcos Giran and No. 41 Dennis Mkrtchian.
Both the Cougars and the Cal Poly Mustangs are tied for No. 57 in the ITA rankings this week.
BYU has never faced South Florida and has never beaten powerhouse UCLA. BYU and Cal Poly enter this weekend 2-2 all-time against one another.
BYU upset its first ranked opponent of the year Monday in a 4-3 win against No. 44 Columbia.
Follow live stats on UCLA’s website.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- Morning links: Bronson Kaufusi could be on...
- Free agent roundup: Where local prospects are...
- Utah State football: Offensive lineman Tyshon...
- 41-year-old mom looking to join U.S. team,...
- Local flavor in the NBA (and beyond): Lillard...
- Detroit Lions pick up fifth-year option on...
- Mike Sorensen: These awful NBA free-throw...
- Kim Cowart: My mom makes me a better runner
- Big 12 would be better off expanding,... 95
- Going the distance: BYU, Big 12 aren't... 78
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion probable... 65
- Former BYU quarterback Jake Heaps signs... 36
- Utah baseball team surprisingly leads... 31
- Report: Utah's Poeltl, Weber State's... 29
- Dick Harmon: SUU, Kaufusi big winners... 29
- Morning links: Taysom Hill a Top 25... 22