Mark A. Philbrick/BYU Photo, email@example.com
PROVO, Utah – The No. 57 BYU men’s tennis team will compete in the ITA Kick-Off Weekend at the Los Angeles Tennis Center on UCLA’s campus.
The Cougars (4-0) will face No. 50 South Florida on Friday at 10 a.m. No. 3 UCLA and No. 57 Cal Poly will play at 1 p.m. The two winning teams will compete Saturday at 3 p.m., while the losers will square off in a consolation match at 6 p.m.
The winners of four straight matches, BYU will face tough competition this weekend. South Florida features the No. 107 Federico Sabogal, and Cal Poly boasts the No. 89 Andre Dome. UCLA has two ranked players including No. 12 Marcos Giran and No. 41 Dennis Mkrtchian.
Both the Cougars and the Cal Poly Mustangs are tied for No. 57 in the ITA rankings this week.
BYU has never faced South Florida and has never beaten powerhouse UCLA. BYU and Cal Poly enter this weekend 2-2 all-time against one another.
BYU upset its first ranked opponent of the year Monday in a 4-3 win against No. 44 Columbia.
Follow live stats on UCLA’s website.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- BYU basketball analysis: How the Cougars held...
- BYU jumps into national spotlight after big...
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle with Arizona
- Skyler Halford helps key BYU's late-season...
- Holmoe assesses the state of the program as...
- High school boys basketball: Manti stuns...
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 100
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 92
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 84
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 74
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 64
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29