Mark A. Philbrick/BYU Photo, firstname.lastname@example.org
PROVO, Utah – The No. 57 BYU men’s tennis team will compete in the ITA Kick-Off Weekend at the Los Angeles Tennis Center on UCLA’s campus.
The Cougars (4-0) will face No. 50 South Florida on Friday at 10 a.m. No. 3 UCLA and No. 57 Cal Poly will play at 1 p.m. The two winning teams will compete Saturday at 3 p.m., while the losers will square off in a consolation match at 6 p.m.
The winners of four straight matches, BYU will face tough competition this weekend. South Florida features the No. 107 Federico Sabogal, and Cal Poly boasts the No. 89 Andre Dome. UCLA has two ranked players including No. 12 Marcos Giran and No. 41 Dennis Mkrtchian.
Both the Cougars and the Cal Poly Mustangs are tied for No. 57 in the ITA rankings this week.
BYU has never faced South Florida and has never beaten powerhouse UCLA. BYU and Cal Poly enter this weekend 2-2 all-time against one another.
BYU upset its first ranked opponent of the year Monday in a 4-3 win against No. 44 Columbia.
Follow live stats on UCLA’s website.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU downs BYU...
- Records fall as BYU, Chase Fischer shoot past...
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants freshmen to...
- High school boys basketball: 5A team-by-team...
- Red and Blue Recruits: BYU's new commit gets...
- BYU basketball instant analysis: There are...
- Rock On: Bronco misses the mark, Utes given...
- 4A boys basketball for 2014-15 season
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 159
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 93
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 63
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 43
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 42
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 40
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 32
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 30