Mark A. Philbrick/BYU Photo, email@example.com
PROVO, Utah – The No. 57 BYU men’s tennis team will compete in the ITA Kick-Off Weekend at the Los Angeles Tennis Center on UCLA’s campus.
The Cougars (4-0) will face No. 50 South Florida on Friday at 10 a.m. No. 3 UCLA and No. 57 Cal Poly will play at 1 p.m. The two winning teams will compete Saturday at 3 p.m., while the losers will square off in a consolation match at 6 p.m.
The winners of four straight matches, BYU will face tough competition this weekend. South Florida features the No. 107 Federico Sabogal, and Cal Poly boasts the No. 89 Andre Dome. UCLA has two ranked players including No. 12 Marcos Giran and No. 41 Dennis Mkrtchian.
Both the Cougars and the Cal Poly Mustangs are tied for No. 57 in the ITA rankings this week.
BYU has never faced South Florida and has never beaten powerhouse UCLA. BYU and Cal Poly enter this weekend 2-2 all-time against one another.
BYU upset its first ranked opponent of the year Monday in a 4-3 win against No. 44 Columbia.
Follow live stats on UCLA’s website.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- Mountain View hires former Timpview head...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 99
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 51
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34