While noting that Taylor has played really well in many of the opportunities he’s had, Krystkowiak said playing time remains a game-by-game situation. Practice performances are also a variable. Krystkowiak noted that it’s an ongoing competition for all the players.
“That’s what our team is all about. We’ll try to do the best we can as coaches to put guys that are producing on the floor,” he said. “There’s no promises made and people are still going to have to get after it and keep it up. But that was a big weekend for (Taylor).”
Even so, Krystkowiak had no plans to tinker with the starting line-up as the week opened.
“Things can change but we’ve got a pretty veteran group of guys that are starting for us right now and I think (they) do a good job setting a tone for us defensively,” Krystkowiak said. “I’m not going to try to fix something at this point that worked well the last game. Brandon didn’t start in the last game. So, I’m more concerned about finding the right five guys that can close out some games and finish it for us."
Utes on the Air:
California (10-7, 2-3) at Utah (9-9, 1-5)
Thursday, 6:30 p.m.
TV: Pac-12 Networks
Radio: ESPN 700AM
- BYU football: D-line returned missionaries...
- BYU basketball: Kyle Collinsworth has torn...
- High school baseball: 4A team-by-team region...
- Minute-by-minute: How Utah and USU lost while...
- Utah basketball: Utes get 'punched in the...
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes advance to meet...
- Utah basketball: Dakarai Tucker comes up with...
- Utah basketball: Utes outlast Washington...
- Utah basketball: Utes outlast... 89
- BYU basketball: Cougars outlast San... 86
- Minute-by-minute: How Utah and USU lost... 86
- BYU basketball: Gonzaga builds early... 72
- San Francisco coach apologizes for... 56
- BYU basketball: Kyle Collinsworth has... 44
- Utah basketball: Utes get 'punched in... 39
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes eager to... 32