SANDY — The city has hired Nicole Martin as its new communications director. She will be the city spokeswoman, leading marketing efforts to brand Sandy as a destination location and play a leading role in integrating social and digital media into the city’s communication strategy.
“Transparency and citizen collaboration are key components for successful governing,” Martin said. “Effectively using social media will empower our citizens by giving them multiple feedback opportunities and increasing the accessibility of information.”
Martin is the former public information officer for the city of Herriman.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Primary Children's Hospital chaplains laugh,...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 75
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18