BYU football: MWC divisional alignment, title game have repercussions for Cougars' 2013 schedule
The Mountain West Conference announced Tuesday the creation of two football divisions and a championship game for the 2013 football season. The game is set to take place on Dec. 7, 2013.
There's only one problem. BYU and Hawai'i are currently scheduled to play in Honolulu on that day in what is supposed to be the final game of the 2013 season for both BYU and the Warriors.
Hawai'i Athletic Director Ben Jay told the Honolulu Star-Advertiser, "I will have to talk to them (BYU)."
The Mountain West Conference's new football alignments place Air Force, Boise State, Utah State, Wyoming, Colorado State and New Mexico in the Mountain Division. Fresno State, Hawaii, San Jose State, San Diego State, UNLV and Nevada will be placed in the West division.
The two divisions are for football purposes only and do not apply to any other sport.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19