BYU football: MWC divisional alignment, title game have repercussions for Cougars' 2013 schedule
The Mountain West Conference announced Tuesday the creation of two football divisions and a championship game for the 2013 football season. The game is set to take place on Dec. 7, 2013.
There's only one problem. BYU and Hawai'i are currently scheduled to play in Honolulu on that day in what is supposed to be the final game of the 2013 season for both BYU and the Warriors.
Hawai'i Athletic Director Ben Jay told the Honolulu Star-Advertiser, "I will have to talk to them (BYU)."
The Mountain West Conference's new football alignments place Air Force, Boise State, Utah State, Wyoming, Colorado State and New Mexico in the Mountain Division. Fresno State, Hawaii, San Jose State, San Diego State, UNLV and Nevada will be placed in the West division.
The two divisions are for football purposes only and do not apply to any other sport.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 35
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33