BYU football: MWC divisional alignment, title game have repercussions for Cougars' 2013 schedule
The Mountain West Conference announced Tuesday the creation of two football divisions and a championship game for the 2013 football season. The game is set to take place on Dec. 7, 2013.
There's only one problem. BYU and Hawai'i are currently scheduled to play in Honolulu on that day in what is supposed to be the final game of the 2013 season for both BYU and the Warriors.
Hawai'i Athletic Director Ben Jay told the Honolulu Star-Advertiser, "I will have to talk to them (BYU)."
The Mountain West Conference's new football alignments place Air Force, Boise State, Utah State, Wyoming, Colorado State and New Mexico in the Mountain Division. Fresno State, Hawaii, San Jose State, San Diego State, UNLV and Nevada will be placed in the West division.
The two divisions are for football purposes only and do not apply to any other sport.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32