BYU football: MWC divisional alignment, title game have repercussions for Cougars' 2013 schedule
The Mountain West Conference announced Tuesday the creation of two football divisions and a championship game for the 2013 football season. The game is set to take place on Dec. 7, 2013.
There's only one problem. BYU and Hawai'i are currently scheduled to play in Honolulu on that day in what is supposed to be the final game of the 2013 season for both BYU and the Warriors.
Hawai'i Athletic Director Ben Jay told the Honolulu Star-Advertiser, "I will have to talk to them (BYU)."
The Mountain West Conference's new football alignments place Air Force, Boise State, Utah State, Wyoming, Colorado State and New Mexico in the Mountain Division. Fresno State, Hawaii, San Jose State, San Diego State, UNLV and Nevada will be placed in the West division.
The two divisions are for football purposes only and do not apply to any other sport.
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve...
- Friday night lights central, playoffs...
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's progress...
- Langi making an impact at linebacker for BYU
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- High school football: State tournament pairings
- High school football: Friday's playoff roundup
- Ranking the starting centers in the NBA from...
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 60
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 56
- High school football: State tournament... 55
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve... 51
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 35
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32