BYU football: MWC divisional alignment, title game have repercussions for Cougars' 2013 schedule
The Mountain West Conference announced Tuesday the creation of two football divisions and a championship game for the 2013 football season. The game is set to take place on Dec. 7, 2013.
There's only one problem. BYU and Hawai'i are currently scheduled to play in Honolulu on that day in what is supposed to be the final game of the 2013 season for both BYU and the Warriors.
Hawai'i Athletic Director Ben Jay told the Honolulu Star-Advertiser, "I will have to talk to them (BYU)."
The Mountain West Conference's new football alignments place Air Force, Boise State, Utah State, Wyoming, Colorado State and New Mexico in the Mountain Division. Fresno State, Hawaii, San Jose State, San Diego State, UNLV and Nevada will be placed in the West division.
The two divisions are for football purposes only and do not apply to any other sport.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Former Ute player among those invited to work...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 51
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 47
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 43
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 13
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 11
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8