If tickets to “Austenland” at Sundance were too elusive, just have a little more patience.
“Austenland” will be coming to theaters across the U.S., thanks to a deal from Sony Pictures Worldwide to distribute the film which is based on a novel by Utah author Shannon Hale, directed by Jerusha Hess of “Napoleon Dynamite” fame and produced by Twilight author Stephenie Meyer.
Screenings to “Austenland” at Sundance have been sold out. The movie follows a 30-something woman, played by Keri Russell, who is obsessed with Mr. Darcy from “Pride and Prejudice” and goes on a Jane Austen-inspired experience in England. The cast also includes Jennifer Coolidge, Jane Seymour, JJ Feild and Bret McKenzie.
"We loved making this movie and were fortunate enough to screen it at Sundance," said Meyer and Hess in a joint statement in a news release that was posted on Meyer’s website at www.stepheniemeyer.com. "The fact that Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions and Sony Pictures Classics has chosen to distribute 'Austenland' is beyond our wildest dreams — they treat their films with the utmost care, and we are thrilled to be associated with such a prestigious distributor."
The Hollywood Reporter is reporting the deal is worth more than $4 million.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: CTRappleye
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid friendly
- 6-year-old 'Rapunzel' donates hair to...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Utah’s...
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is an awesome mix...
- The Clean Cut: This ATM gives people much...
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: The biggest...
- Two powerful forces make American... 27
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 20
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is... 19
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid... 16
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Utah’s... 15
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- Wright Words: Bad days are inevitable... 4
- Guest commentary: Kids don't need to... 3