If tickets to “Austenland” at Sundance were too elusive, just have a little more patience.
“Austenland” will be coming to theaters across the U.S., thanks to a deal from Sony Pictures Worldwide to distribute the film which is based on a novel by Utah author Shannon Hale, directed by Jerusha Hess of “Napoleon Dynamite” fame and produced by Twilight author Stephenie Meyer.
Screenings to “Austenland” at Sundance have been sold out. The movie follows a 30-something woman, played by Keri Russell, who is obsessed with Mr. Darcy from “Pride and Prejudice” and goes on a Jane Austen-inspired experience in England. The cast also includes Jennifer Coolidge, Jane Seymour, JJ Feild and Bret McKenzie.
"We loved making this movie and were fortunate enough to screen it at Sundance," said Meyer and Hess in a joint statement in a news release that was posted on Meyer’s website at www.stepheniemeyer.com. "The fact that Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions and Sony Pictures Classics has chosen to distribute 'Austenland' is beyond our wildest dreams — they treat their films with the utmost care, and we are thrilled to be associated with such a prestigious distributor."
The Hollywood Reporter is reporting the deal is worth more than $4 million.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: CTRappleye
- The most overlooked characteristic of the...
- The Clean Cut: Alex Boye releases clean...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- Car accident doesn't stop man from reaching...
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- 20 children's books your family should read...
- Utahn Sierra Dawn Thomas set to compete on...
- For kids older than 2, a nap may only benefit...
- Erin Stewart: Why I vaccinate my... 21
- The Clean Cut: Lady Gaga stuns with... 20
- The Internet and depression: How... 3
- For kids older than 2, a nap may only... 2
- LDS couple shares faith after 8 years... 1
- Saving Eliza: Family captures moments... 1
- Utahn Sierra Dawn Thomas set to compete... 1
- The Clean Cut: Alex Boye releases clean... 1