If tickets to “Austenland” at Sundance were too elusive, just have a little more patience.
“Austenland” will be coming to theaters across the U.S., thanks to a deal from Sony Pictures Worldwide to distribute the film which is based on a novel by Utah author Shannon Hale, directed by Jerusha Hess of “Napoleon Dynamite” fame and produced by Twilight author Stephenie Meyer.
Screenings to “Austenland” at Sundance have been sold out. The movie follows a 30-something woman, played by Keri Russell, who is obsessed with Mr. Darcy from “Pride and Prejudice” and goes on a Jane Austen-inspired experience in England. The cast also includes Jennifer Coolidge, Jane Seymour, JJ Feild and Bret McKenzie.
"We loved making this movie and were fortunate enough to screen it at Sundance," said Meyer and Hess in a joint statement in a news release that was posted on Meyer’s website at www.stepheniemeyer.com. "The fact that Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions and Sony Pictures Classics has chosen to distribute 'Austenland' is beyond our wildest dreams — they treat their films with the utmost care, and we are thrilled to be associated with such a prestigious distributor."
The Hollywood Reporter is reporting the deal is worth more than $4 million.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: CTRappleye
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos Super...
- Book review: Young widow's memoir presents a...
- Family motto helps LDS couple put parenting...
- Australian mom removes heavy makeup from...
- 12 Disney movies that are coming out in 2015
- Top honeymoon destinations for 2015
- Motherhood Matters: What I learned from...
- Are you part of the global 'baby shortage'?
- Are you part of the global 'baby... 12
- Australian mom removes heavy makeup... 11
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos... 5
- Family motto helps LDS couple put... 5
- Sherry Young: Nostalgia, airplanes and... 4
- Motherhood Matters: To grouchy moms... 4
- Does taking advantage of family leave... 4
- Dad gets 'no-show' bill after... 3