If tickets to “Austenland” at Sundance were too elusive, just have a little more patience.
“Austenland” will be coming to theaters across the U.S., thanks to a deal from Sony Pictures Worldwide to distribute the film which is based on a novel by Utah author Shannon Hale, directed by Jerusha Hess of “Napoleon Dynamite” fame and produced by Twilight author Stephenie Meyer.
Screenings to “Austenland” at Sundance have been sold out. The movie follows a 30-something woman, played by Keri Russell, who is obsessed with Mr. Darcy from “Pride and Prejudice” and goes on a Jane Austen-inspired experience in England. The cast also includes Jennifer Coolidge, Jane Seymour, JJ Feild and Bret McKenzie.
"We loved making this movie and were fortunate enough to screen it at Sundance," said Meyer and Hess in a joint statement in a news release that was posted on Meyer’s website at www.stepheniemeyer.com. "The fact that Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions and Sony Pictures Classics has chosen to distribute 'Austenland' is beyond our wildest dreams — they treat their films with the utmost care, and we are thrilled to be associated with such a prestigious distributor."
The Hollywood Reporter is reporting the deal is worth more than $4 million.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: CTRappleye
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a hobby,...
- The Clean Cut: Child plays peekaboo with...
- The Clean Cut: 3-year-old boy performs 'Do...
- Nonprofit intervention program in Arizona...
- After having a baby, dad's brain changes too
- Family of teenage girl with burns on 65...
- Baby boomers are not selling off homes, but...
- UTubers: Hailey Devine takes fans to Fiji
- Why do we need an R-rated Hobbit movie? 18
- Want your marriage to last? Have... 13
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a... 11
- As Common Core results trickle in,... 8
- The Clean Cut: 5-year-old British boy... 3
- The Clean Cut: Children taste dark... 3
- Baby boomers are not selling off homes,... 3
- Intuition: The sweet spot between... 2