If tickets to “Austenland” at Sundance were too elusive, just have a little more patience.
“Austenland” will be coming to theaters across the U.S., thanks to a deal from Sony Pictures Worldwide to distribute the film which is based on a novel by Utah author Shannon Hale, directed by Jerusha Hess of “Napoleon Dynamite” fame and produced by Twilight author Stephenie Meyer.
Screenings to “Austenland” at Sundance have been sold out. The movie follows a 30-something woman, played by Keri Russell, who is obsessed with Mr. Darcy from “Pride and Prejudice” and goes on a Jane Austen-inspired experience in England. The cast also includes Jennifer Coolidge, Jane Seymour, JJ Feild and Bret McKenzie.
"We loved making this movie and were fortunate enough to screen it at Sundance," said Meyer and Hess in a joint statement in a news release that was posted on Meyer’s website at www.stepheniemeyer.com. "The fact that Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions and Sony Pictures Classics has chosen to distribute 'Austenland' is beyond our wildest dreams — they treat their films with the utmost care, and we are thrilled to be associated with such a prestigious distributor."
The Hollywood Reporter is reporting the deal is worth more than $4 million.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: CTRappleye
- Modest swimsuit designer speaks out on bikinis
- Bear scare: 'Baden and Logan saved my life.'
- Miss Utah USA gets second chance at question...
- 7-year-old girl who met Justin Bieber passes...
- Dear son: This is why I can't save you from...
- Dear mom who sometimes feels like a terrible...
- Pew study: News media inserted bias into gay...
- 'Pain capable' abortion regulation makes...
- Pew study: News media inserted bias... 57
- Parents rally after Canadian elementary... 25
- Miss Utah USA gets second chance at... 21
- Gunman caught after shooting... 20
- Dad shares lessons learned from living... 12
- Ogden man shot as he knelt to pray is... 12
- Push for solutions underway to Utah's... 11
- Science and human heart both say dads... 10