OGDEN — A "misuse" of electrical cords powering a space heater sparked a fire that caused $60,000 in damage to an Ogden home Tuesday.
Heavy smoke was billowing out of the home at 949 Rushton Street when fire crews arrived about 1:30 p.m., said Ogden Deputy Fire Chief Eric Bauman. The two occupants of the home were able to escape without injury and firefighters quickly extinguished the flames.
The home suffered heavy smoke and fire damage and one unidentified pet was also killed in the blaze. The Red Cross was assisting the displaced residents.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 36
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 33
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17