OGDEN — A "misuse" of electrical cords powering a space heater sparked a fire that caused $60,000 in damage to an Ogden home Tuesday.
Heavy smoke was billowing out of the home at 949 Rushton Street when fire crews arrived about 1:30 p.m., said Ogden Deputy Fire Chief Eric Bauman. The two occupants of the home were able to escape without injury and firefighters quickly extinguished the flames.
The home suffered heavy smoke and fire damage and one unidentified pet was also killed in the blaze. The Red Cross was assisting the displaced residents.
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- Tino, the king of Hogle Zoo's jungle, is...
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 40
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 24
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after... 15