OGDEN — A "misuse" of electrical cords powering a space heater sparked a fire that caused $60,000 in damage to an Ogden home Tuesday.
Heavy smoke was billowing out of the home at 949 Rushton Street when fire crews arrived about 1:30 p.m., said Ogden Deputy Fire Chief Eric Bauman. The two occupants of the home were able to escape without injury and firefighters quickly extinguished the flames.
The home suffered heavy smoke and fire damage and one unidentified pet was also killed in the blaze. The Red Cross was assisting the displaced residents.
- Two bodies discovered near Provo's Squaw Peak
- Family 'shocked' over Taylorsville woman's death
- Utah's popular 'soda-pop geyser' is fizzling out
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- Utah's new adaptive testing system draws...
- No aftershocks from Saturday's Tooele quake
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 91
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 81
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 49
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 31
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 25
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 22
- Utah's new adaptive testing system... 21