OGDEN — A "misuse" of electrical cords powering a space heater sparked a fire that caused $60,000 in damage to an Ogden home Tuesday.
Heavy smoke was billowing out of the home at 949 Rushton Street when fire crews arrived about 1:30 p.m., said Ogden Deputy Fire Chief Eric Bauman. The two occupants of the home were able to escape without injury and firefighters quickly extinguished the flames.
The home suffered heavy smoke and fire damage and one unidentified pet was also killed in the blaze. The Red Cross was assisting the displaced residents.
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Logan man killed in Idaho car crash
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 39
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- Scalia's death leaves major void in... 24
- IRS raids properties with possible... 21
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11