Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
DRAPER — UTA and the city of Draper have partnered to build a historic rail car exhibit at the Draper Town Center TRAX station. A historic rail car that has been refurbished was delivered to the site, picked up by crane and lowered onto the track.
The future exhibit will feature the rail car, a water tower and nine panels depicting the history of Draper, and in particular of egg production in the southeast corner of the Salt Lake Valley. Draper was once known as the "Egg Basket of America" and pioneered the production and distribution, by rail, of "milk-white eggs" throughout the nation.
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- Photo gallery: Journey headlines 35th Stadium...
- 25 of the craziest — and cutest —...
- Funeral services for President Boyd K. Packer...
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- About Utah: They go back to give back
- Healing underway in Greek Orthodox community
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 68
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without... 47
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 42
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 40
- Idaho's gay marriage ban remains in... 36
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 27
- Utah senators seeking support for... 16
- My view: Utah lawmakers can protect... 13