Momsensical: I banned all electronic devices from my family's latest road trip
Was it a perfect trip? No. Was there more conflict than there would have been without the ban? Probably (“Don’t bite your brother’s shirt!” was a new one for me). But our interactions were also more meaningful and frequent — including and especially the positive ones.
On the way home, we played license plate alphabet bingo; this cannot be done while wearing earphones.
Despite their grim predictions to the contrary, every single one of my kids survived. And even came home smiling.
Finally, my resolutions:
Help my kids grow and develop by carefully determining screen-time rules and limits while offering them plenty of other great activities and opportunities.
Give my kids the very most and the very best of my time.
In the end, realize it’s my kids — not my devices — who will be around for a limited time only.
- Miss Utah USA gets second chance at question...
- Dear mom who sometimes feels like a terrible...
- Bear scare: 'Baden and Logan saved my life.'
- 7-year-old girl who met Justin Bieber passes...
- Pew study: News media inserted bias into gay...
- Ogden man shot as he knelt to pray is...
- Dear son: This is why I can't save you from...
- As times get better can you keep a leash on...
- Pew study: News media inserted bias... 52
- Parents rally after Canadian elementary... 24
- Gunman caught after shooting... 20
- New York English teacher assigns... 18
- Miss Utah USA gets second chance at... 18
- Dad shares lessons learned from living... 12
- Push for solutions underway to Utah's... 11
- Ogden man shot as he knelt to pray is... 11