SALT LAKE CITY — For the fifth time this year, a person was arrested at the Salt Lake City International Airport after Transportation Security Administration screeners said they found a gun.
Robert L. Miller, of Draper, was arrested Tuesday for investigation of a misdemeanor charge after an X-ray machine detected a gun in the pocket of his jacket, according to a Salt Lake County Jail report. The responding officer checked the jacket and found a Ruger LCP .380 semi-automatic pistol.
Miller told the officer he "forgot to leave the pistol in his truck," according to the report
He also faces potential federal charges for the gun.
Last week, Overstock.com CEO Patrick Michael Byrne, 50, was arrested after security screeners allegedly found a handgun in one of his bags. Byrne is a concealed weapon permit holder and said he had placed the weapon in his luggage awhile ago and forgot it was there.
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- Steven Powell will not be released from...
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at least...
- LDS Church submits temporary Provo MTC plans...
- Psychologist calls doctor accused of killing...
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers aneurysm,...
- Members recall Sister Monson's quiet devotion
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 53
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at... 44
- Police say driver who hit 3 children... 27
- Angry Orrin Hatch: IRS guilty of... 19
- Utah GOP convention agenda includes... 19
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers... 18
- LDS missionary 'stable' following... 17
- New law banning teen drivers from... 16