SALT LAKE CITY — For the fifth time this year, a person was arrested at the Salt Lake City International Airport after Transportation Security Administration screeners said they found a gun.
Robert L. Miller, of Draper, was arrested Tuesday for investigation of a misdemeanor charge after an X-ray machine detected a gun in the pocket of his jacket, according to a Salt Lake County Jail report. The responding officer checked the jacket and found a Ruger LCP .380 semi-automatic pistol.
Miller told the officer he "forgot to leave the pistol in his truck," according to the report
He also faces potential federal charges for the gun.
Last week, Overstock.com CEO Patrick Michael Byrne, 50, was arrested after security screeners allegedly found a handgun in one of his bags. Byrne is a concealed weapon permit holder and said he had placed the weapon in his luggage awhile ago and forgot it was there.
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases on...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 103
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 75
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 67
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 48
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 42
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24