Draper man arrested after gun found at airport checkpoint, police say
SALT LAKE CITY — For the fifth time this year, a person was arrested at the Salt Lake City International Airport after Transportation Security Administration screeners said they found a gun.
Robert L. Miller, of Draper, was arrested Tuesday for investigation of a misdemeanor charge after an X-ray machine detected a gun in the pocket of his jacket, according to a Salt Lake County Jail report. The responding officer checked the jacket and found a Ruger LCP .380 semi-automatic pistol.
Miller told the officer he "forgot to leave the pistol in his truck," according to the report
He also faces potential federal charges for the gun.
Last week, Overstock.com CEO Patrick Michael Byrne, 50, was arrested after security screeners allegedly found a handgun in one of his bags. Byrne is a concealed weapon permit holder and said he had placed the weapon in his luggage awhile ago and forgot it was there.
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14