OGDEN — Members of the Snowbasin ski patrol located the body of a man near the peak of Mount Ogden on Tuesday.
"(The body) is about as high up the mountain as you can get," said Weber County Sheriff's Lt. Mark Lowther.
The Weber County Sheriff's Office said the victim was in his 20s or 30s. The victim was not dressed for the weather, wearing a light sweater, Levi's and loafer-type shoes, Lowther said. He did not know how long the man may have been there before his body was found. There were no skis or snowmobiles found near the body.
An autopsy will be conducted to determine a cause of death. There were no obvious signs of trauma on the victim, Lowther said.
A ski patrol member discovered the body while doing a routine check of the area Tuesday morning. Because of where the body was found, helicopters from the Department of Public Safety and AirMed were called to assist the sheriff's office.
Lowther said investigators would be checking with other local law enforcement agencies to see if they had any recent reports of missing people who matched the description of the victim.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 41
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 15
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 13