OGDEN — Members of the Snowbasin ski patrol located the body of a man near the peak of Mount Ogden on Tuesday.
"(The body) is about as high up the mountain as you can get," said Weber County Sheriff's Lt. Mark Lowther.
The Weber County Sheriff's Office said the victim was in his 20s or 30s. The victim was not dressed for the weather, wearing a light sweater, Levi's and loafer-type shoes, Lowther said. He did not know how long the man may have been there before his body was found. There were no skis or snowmobiles found near the body.
An autopsy will be conducted to determine a cause of death. There were no obvious signs of trauma on the victim, Lowther said.
A ski patrol member discovered the body while doing a routine check of the area Tuesday morning. Because of where the body was found, helicopters from the Department of Public Safety and AirMed were called to assist the sheriff's office.
Lowther said investigators would be checking with other local law enforcement agencies to see if they had any recent reports of missing people who matched the description of the victim.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Utah officials find no pesticide violation...
- Men may face trial next year in killing of...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 94
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 28
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8