OGDEN — Members of the Snowbasin ski patrol located the body of a man near the peak of Mount Ogden on Tuesday.
"(The body) is about as high up the mountain as you can get," said Weber County Sheriff's Lt. Mark Lowther.
The Weber County Sheriff's Office said the victim was in his 20s or 30s. The victim was not dressed for the weather, wearing a light sweater, Levi's and loafer-type shoes, Lowther said. He did not know how long the man may have been there before his body was found. There were no skis or snowmobiles found near the body.
An autopsy will be conducted to determine a cause of death. There were no obvious signs of trauma on the victim, Lowther said.
A ski patrol member discovered the body while doing a routine check of the area Tuesday morning. Because of where the body was found, helicopters from the Department of Public Safety and AirMed were called to assist the sheriff's office.
Lowther said investigators would be checking with other local law enforcement agencies to see if they had any recent reports of missing people who matched the description of the victim.
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Family seeks change as poisoned tea...
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- Odyssey Elementary opens doors for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 58
- Utah argues for more time to file... 34
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 32
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22
- Government regulation has become like... 22