OGDEN — Members of the Snowbasin ski patrol located the body of a man near the peak of Mount Ogden on Tuesday.
"(The body) is about as high up the mountain as you can get," said Weber County Sheriff's Lt. Mark Lowther.
The Weber County Sheriff's Office said the victim was in his 20s or 30s. The victim was not dressed for the weather, wearing a light sweater, Levi's and loafer-type shoes, Lowther said. He did not know how long the man may have been there before his body was found. There were no skis or snowmobiles found near the body.
An autopsy will be conducted to determine a cause of death. There were no obvious signs of trauma on the victim, Lowther said.
A ski patrol member discovered the body while doing a routine check of the area Tuesday morning. Because of where the body was found, helicopters from the Department of Public Safety and AirMed were called to assist the sheriff's office.
Lowther said investigators would be checking with other local law enforcement agencies to see if they had any recent reports of missing people who matched the description of the victim.
- New Salt Lake County ordinance mandates pet...
- Chances of a 'Speaker Chaffetz' may have just...
- UVU now the largest university in Utah, new...
- Vernal woman takes plea deal in child abuse case
- Key witness in criminal cases against...
- Federal judge: Tribal court can't hear...
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes...
- Most wanted fugitive arrested in West Valley...
- Chances of a 'Speaker Chaffetz' may... 52
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 41
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 41
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 30
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 24
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 19
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17