OGDEN — Members of the Snowbasin ski patrol located the body of a man near the peak of Mount Ogden on Tuesday.
"(The body) is about as high up the mountain as you can get," said Weber County Sheriff's Lt. Mark Lowther.
The Weber County Sheriff's Office said the victim was in his 20s or 30s. The victim was not dressed for the weather, wearing a light sweater, Levi's and loafer-type shoes, Lowther said. He did not know how long the man may have been there before his body was found. There were no skis or snowmobiles found near the body.
An autopsy will be conducted to determine a cause of death. There were no obvious signs of trauma on the victim, Lowther said.
A ski patrol member discovered the body while doing a routine check of the area Tuesday morning. Because of where the body was found, helicopters from the Department of Public Safety and AirMed were called to assist the sheriff's office.
Lowther said investigators would be checking with other local law enforcement agencies to see if they had any recent reports of missing people who matched the description of the victim.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Community rallies for Kamas family after...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 80
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 31
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 18
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 15
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13